HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:45 am by Dark

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

Twitch is Changing Video Policy, BFC Videos will be Affected

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Twitch is Changing Video Policy, BFC Videos will be Affected   Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:05 am

I just got an email from Twitch telling me that all past broadcasts on channels will be limited to being saved for 14 days max unless you are a partner or a turbo member, in which case you get 60 days. I don't know if this is because they got bought by google but its a pretty shitty change. The save forever option will be removed.

The workaround they suggest is either exporting all past broadcasts to Youtube, or using their 'highlight' feature to save videos forever.

Link to article from Twitch: http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/update-changes-to-vods-on-twitch/
Twitch Nerds wrote:

Highlights will be saved indefinitely;  however, they will now be limited to 2 hours in length. All prior highlights that you’ve made will be saved regardless of length.

Whoever has access to the BFC channel Poison/Scarz will have to go through the matches and change them into highlights if we don't want all of our videos to be deleted on August 27th.

I am willing to do it if you guys think its important to do, but don't wanna go through every video.

EDIT: Other really bad things are happening, this is definitely because of the google buy out. Certain past broadcast videos are having sections muted because of what I think is an automated copyright system. Basically youtube copyright restrictions are coming to twitch, and some of our videos might get muted too. I was wary when twitch sold out but this doenst look good.

PostSubject: Re: Twitch is Changing Video Policy, BFC Videos will be Affected   Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Twitch is dead. Time to move on to someplace like Hitbox.tv.

PostSubject: Re: Twitch is Changing Video Policy, BFC Videos will be Affected   Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 pm

All these "Twitch is dead" stuff is just a bunch of crap. What happens to hitbox when they get a bit bigger? The same thing will happen, the RIAA will come knocking and want money or changes. If you don't like it call your congressman and senators.

And hitbox is just asking to be sued by their newest blog post.

Quote :
At hitbox you’re always with friends, and the soundtrack is whatever you want it to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twitch is Changing Video Policy, BFC Videos will be Affected   Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:50 am

khaos-rage wrote:
All these "Twitch is dead" stuff is just a bunch of crap. What happens to hitbox when they get a bit bigger? The same thing will happen, the RIAA will come knocking and want money or changes. If you don't like it call your congressman and senators.

After reading Twich's AMA on reddit, they claim that no one 'came knocking' and made them do this specifically. However, I am skeptical and I think it relates to the rumored google buyout. The site certainly isn't dead and gone with this move, but they will surely lose them some broadcasters who don't want to deal with the bullshit.

I find that I watch a stream for the content, and I could care less what site its on (although I prefer to have access to Kappa and  FrankerZ lol ). Granted I would be more likely to browse on twitch and find random streams of people I don't usually watch. On other sites, I am less likely to do that, but if whatever event I wanna watch is on MLG, hitbox, azubu or whatever, I just watch it there. I wouldn't stop watching an event because of the site its on.

If those other options also get hit with this copyright bullshit, the broadcasters will be on to the next one and just keep avoiding the annoyance until the whole situation is played out. I am willing to move and watch anywhere if the broadcasters are. The copyright legal grey area should have been resolved years ago.

As for how it affects the BFC stream, I think it'll be fine to be on twitch for now, none of our stuff got muted yet. The bigger issue for us is them deleting our archives rather than the music stuff. If we started the summer with the knowledge that we would've had to highlight every battle as it was broadcast we could have done that without a lot of extra effort, but its a tad more annoying. Doing them all at once would be a hassle now though.

Lets say in the future that we use in-game audio and they mute it for a 30 minute block because its on the Star Wars sound track... if it gets to that point we should bail to a different site for sure. I think we're safe for now.

Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: Twitch is Changing Video Policy, BFC Videos will be Affected   Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:23 am

http://kotaku.com/reports-amazon-to-buy-twitch-for-over-1-billion-1626564744

Amazon, not Google, just bought Twitch for roughly 1 billion.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Twitch is Changing Video Policy, BFC Videos will be Affected   Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:40 am

Stern wrote:
Amazon, not Google, just bought Twitch for roughly 1 billion.

Yea I over speculated on google, it was only rumors but all this made it seem true.

I think Amazon buying it is probably a good thing over Google/Youtube anyway, I think they will be slightly less restrictive over the copyright stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Twitch is Changing Video Policy, BFC Videos will be Affected   

Back to top Go down

Twitch is Changing Video Policy, BFC Videos will be Affected
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1