HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am by Guest

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

Which map is the most common?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shotty

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:20 pm

None of this discussion matters because polis massa is objectively the best map in the game. We just have to switch back to admin countdown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarz
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Shotty wrote:
None of this discussion matters because polis massa is objectively the best map in the game. We just have to switch back to admin countdown.

Your score is good based off how many deaths you have, not how many kills on that map. CarriedTodayBig

MVP

MVP

MVP

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:24 pm

I actually fixed Polis Massa so that the team spawning at base 3 doesn't spawn in the hanger anymore, but the actual room with the base. I never bothered to release it though.

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:47 pm

I'd say Mos was the most unplayable from my perspective.

But seriously, I'd have to agree with Felucia. It seemed really dodgy whenever I played it and you couldn't see all that far on it. I don't remember it lasting very long either. I also didn't like tankless Hoth or Kashyyyk as I was never very good at sniping.

EDIT: On Polis Massa, I got Michael to change the spawns and we played that for a while. We also trialed Mustafar with the bridges being invincible. Both were very odd after that and didn't feel natural at all.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:54 pm

SG-17 wrote:
I actually fixed Polis Massa so that the team spawning at base 3 doesn't spawn in the hanger anymore, but the actual room with the base. I never bothered to release it though.

Maybe we can install that mod on the server for this season. It'd be fun to have Polis back in the map rotations again.

As tluck mentioned, the only map that are really unplayable are ones with reinforcement glitches. Geo-2 Flag is the really weird because if one side gets 150 kills... they win the map. For some reason, there is a hidden reinforcement count on that CTF map.

Felucia is pretty bad with the weird environment hazards you can lose random health at though. Plus, you pretty much have to use autolock on that map. Definitely the worst map in general for match play.

Last edited by Kratos on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theswbfc.forumotion.com
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:04 pm

I'll have to find it again. Hopefully I still have it, if not I may be able to remake it.

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:34 pm

I like Felucia. The only reason why I don't pick it is because of the rebels blending with the trees and such. Other than that I think its a great map.

For polis that would be fun to have the empire spawn in at the actual base, but wouldn't that give the empire an advantage? It's easier getting from 3(empire spawn) - 5 than 4(rebels spawn) -2. Mainly cuz of the spacing. When you get to 4 you have a lot of space to zig zag your way to the end of the map.

And finally for tie breakers, we wouldn't have to do them if we didn't do CTF. There are those small CTF maps (Tantive, Mustafar, Coruscant, etc) that usually don't in a draw. Btw, Poison what you said earlier about LSJ dominating DS CTF.... I don't remember them wining it in any of the playoff matches from season 8-11. For the most part it ended in a draw. Which is why i think that it should be restricted for the next season....

"I think i'm gay guys" - Naga during a skype call.
"Let me suck your dick" - Naga offering me a bj after admitting that he is a queer.
"I'm fine with those quotes" - Naga after seeing these quotes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kratos
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 pm

{BOT}A-Hole wrote:

For polis that would be fun to have the empire spawn in at the actual base, but wouldn't that give the empire an advantage? It's easier getting from 3(empire spawn) - 5 than 4(rebels spawn) -2. Mainly cuz of the spacing. When you get to 4 you have a lot of space to zig zag your way to the end of the map.

Yeah, forsure. It's definitely possible that Empire would have an upper-hand in those situations.  As Polis is in its current state, Rebels is obviously better by a good amount. Modding Polis to have Empire spawn at the actual base instead of in the tank chamber would make things a lot more interesting. I definitely see some clans preferring Empire though if the mod does go through... but I think the map would be pretty fairly balanced.

Keep in mind that Empire is heavily punished if they lose the initial battle. They get trapped back in base 2, and that is most of the time a death sentence vs really good teams. Whereas losing the initial battle on rebels side isn't quite as devastating.

I think it'll just come down to what a clan's preferences are... whereas before, the obvious pick was always rebels on that map.

Back to top Go down
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:47 pm

And I assume space walking is still against the rules?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:53 pm

SG-17 wrote:
And I assume space walking is still against the rules?

Yeah... space-walking is illegal. It makes things so awkward when it's not against the rules.

Back to top Go down
{BOT}A-Hole

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Kratos, good point. SG-17, theres no space walking. We can try out that mod . SG when you find it PM me the link to download it. We usually do scrims every now and then so ill try it out with poison and a few other active people. If it plays out well then we go for it.

"Let me suck your dick" - Naga offering me a bj after admitting that he is a queer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:01 pm

I'm at work now, I'll look for it later tonight. If I can't find it I'll try to remake it by the weekend.

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:30 am

My argument is that there are fundamental problems with DS CTF. You can pretty much play for a tie on either side with little effort. Every time I have ever played an "important" DS CTF match , whether it be playoffs or against a decent clan, either team used the jump off strat 9 times out of 10. The timer doesn't help at all really, 30 min to me still is way too much time for a map like that. I think to encourage a more aggressive gameplay on DS CTF we drop the time limit to 10 to 15 min. If the game ends in a tie the map is replayed but the clans switch sides. This would balance it out and encourage a more aggressive gameplay. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:43 am

Right now a current problem with DS is that certain teams will bunker down and try to drain the the timer so they can play the next map as a real tie breaker. The LOWER the timer is on DS the more likely teams are to play passively and just try to skip over Death Star. As odd as it sounds the aggression from teams increases the LONGER the timer is.
Back to top Go down
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:32 am

If SG can't find the map but you want to see what Polis plays like modded before he remakes it, I have a version made by Michael on my other laptop. He modded the spawns at CP2 so that some spawns are on the platforms too, though.

Maybe you should try playing DS without a timer? In the old days, EU used to have two timerless, 3 flag DS maps every match. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:44 am

Found it. Tanks are disabled like usual.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ujcpmf

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Yoda wrote:
If SG can't find the map but you want to see what Polis plays like modded before he remakes it, I have a version made by Michael on my other laptop. He modded the spawns at CP2 so that some spawns are on the platforms too, though.

Maybe you should try playing DS without a timer? In the old days, EU used to have two timerless, 3 flag DS maps every match. Razz

I uploaded the map to the serverr, it is nice. it definitely takes the rebels favor away from that map. In fact, the empire might actually favor that map...and Yoda, a timeless DS CTF would last for hours. Could probably never end since it takes an hour just to end in a draw.

Oh and blood, 10 min of DS CTF would just mean a harder defense for the team that wants to end at a tie (pretty much every team, including LSJ.) Rush or not when team A has the flag, then team B will go for defends. That's how its played. And those Offense-Defense plays could last a while since the players will just respawn and do what they were doing before (nade spam for example)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:05 pm

{BOT}A-Hole wrote:
Yoda wrote:

I uploaded the map to the serverr, it is nice. it definitely takes the rebels favor away from that map. In fact, the empire might actually favor that map...and Yoda, a timeless DS CTF would last for hours. Could probably never end since it takes an hour just to end in a draw.

Oh and blood, 10 min of DS CTF would just mean a harder defense for the team that wants to end at a tie (pretty much every team, including LSJ.) Rush or not when team A has the flag, then team B will go for defends. That's how its played. And those Offense-Defense plays could last a while since the players will just respawn and do what they were doing before (nade spam for example)
I was mainly joking, but you know it didn't take that long. Each DS would take about 40 minutes. However, our clans were not balanced and were full of players who were very young and not hardened clan players. We once did a no-timer 15 flag DS, which lasted about 4 hours. Maybe you could have 1 flag with no timer? People would have to go for it, but one slip and the map is over so it shouldn't last too long.

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:13 pm

1 flag - 10 minutes could be a sudden death if the first tie breaker is a tie. If no teams score, both teams get a loss on their record.

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:35 pm

SG-17 wrote:
1 flag - 10 minutes could be a sudden death if the first tie breaker is a tie. If no teams score, both teams get a loss on their record.
It seems pretty harsh, really. You could have a scenario where one team would prefer the other team to get a loss than them get a win, so they defend those 10 minutes and take the loss. Also, you might get two really evenly matched teams that have attacked like crazy but cancelled each other out, yet they get a loss.

What about a ruling where you're allowed to flag jump three times and a further, obvious flag jump results in a forfeit? I guess it might result in "accidental" slips to reset the flag, a bit like diving in English football. It'd cause disputes, though, and would require every match to be spectated or recorded.

If it's a playoff match, you could have a panel judge which team approached the map more positively in drawn DS maps.

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:36 pm

We occasionally did 1 flag, 15 minutes for tie breakers on DS.

Personally, the best option would be to keep the tie breaker as is and if DS is tied either go to a 6th conquest map or to Tantive CTF. Neither of which ends in a tie and are both much more exciting to watch than hours upon hours of DS.

Oh yeah, we played Polis yesterday in a mix and it worked great. Much more interesting first fight when the Empire can meet the Rebels in the hallway instead of defending their doors. I did keep spawning inside the table though, did like one tick of health but it's not a huge deal as a rocket.
Back to top Go down
{BOT}A-Hole

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:32 pm

The best option for DS CTF would be what Poison said. Going to the 6th conquest map. Tantive CTF is a nah. Possibility that it can still result in a draw. Where in conquest it is guaranteed that someone will win.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:17 pm

One thing I just thought of is that in the new game Conquest is probably going to be Head On not Double Assault like on SWBF2.

There will be home bases out of bounds for the enemy team so you can't win by capping all the flags alone. Might change how we play matches. Very rarely did a Conquest game end through reinforcement bleed, it was almost always through taking all the CPs.

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:23 pm

SG-17 wrote:
One thing I just thought of is that in the new game Conquest is probably going to be Head On not Double Assault like on SWBF2.

There will be home bases out of bounds for the enemy team so you can't win by capping all the flags alone. Might change how we play matches. Very rarely did a Conquest game end through reinforcement bleed, it was almost always through taking all the CPs.
What makes you say that? If Battlefield is anything to go by, you can cap every flag at once in Domination. Also, if there's something like Rush then you have one team attacking and one defending. Not sure how you'd do that in a match format, though.

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:29 pm

Head On Conquest (which Battlefield 4 has exclusively) has two home bases which can't be captured so taking all of the CPs doesn't end the game right away. The other team has a chance to come back.

PostSubject: Re: Which map is the most common?   

Back to top Go down

Which map is the most common?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next