HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am by Guest

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

The new Battlefront

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeltaDelish

PostSubject: The new Battlefront   Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:38 am

You guys have any plans or know how many clans are returning to the new battlefront on PS4? MTD is looking to getting back into some clan action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mtd-uprsing.enjin.com
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:30 am

Well I'm sure you are aware, but anyway this site is going to be relaunched for the new game. It seems like most clans will be on PS4 too. I'm not overly familiar with the clans that rose up after 2009, but I'm looking into reviving MERC in some form or potentially joining up with a legacy clan.

Overall from what I've gathered, a lot of legacy players and clans could come out of the woodwork for this game.

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:13 am

We're going to have a new site and an overhauled system prepared for the new game. A lot depends on how exactly the new game plays out as far as private servers and general game play goes. We're expecting a solid number of clans though, and we'll be ready to go from day one.
Back to top Go down
DeltaDelish

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:51 am

Ok sweet. Do you know some of the returning clans?

http://mtd-uprising.enjin.com/
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:41 pm

LSJ, TPB, SOR, COS members, DSF, IR, potentially AFGM from the mid-to old school group, plus a lot more assorted members.

(MVP)

x5

x7
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:18 pm

The COS members may have been FEAR when MTD played. STR members too, not sure what they'll all be doing. SoF might come back and of course our current clans like BOT and R will be around.
Back to top Go down
Desperado

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:18 am

We'll definitely be on SWBF but I dont know if we'll be a part of a ladder here. Fizzo had been talking about starting Sonic Army back up last year (sorry if that sounds like I'm trying to promote that, I'm not). Obviously thats where we'd go first if it were up because we know that community better and its kind of a loyalty thing.

{JOG}MrClean wrote:
DELTA MAYBE YOU DONT'T HEAR SO WELL WITH ALL THOSE DICKS IN YOUR FACE.

KEEP YOUR CHIPMUNK ASS OFF THIS THREAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:55 am

That's completely understandable. Don't feel like you have to only be on SA if they do come back though. We'd certainly be open to clans being on other ladders as well as the BFC if they want to, we have no right to restrict that.
Back to top Go down
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:08 am

Off tangent a bit, but can someone fill me in on a cliff notes version of Sonic Army and Warzone-Online? I only caught the tail end of WZO in 2007.

What exactly was Sonic Army? Was is basically the first iteration of the idea of a BFC? Did it operate on SWBF1 as well, or did it start with SWBF2? The only real recollection I have of SA is that they allowed specials in clan matches.

I remember WZO around June of 2007 when GameSpy went down for like two weeks and we thought it was all over for SWBF2 back then.

Last edited by SG-17 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SGC17
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:08 am

Desperado wrote:
We'll definitely be on SWBF but I dont know if we'll be a part of a ladder here. Fizzo had been talking about starting Sonic Army back up last year (sorry if that sounds like I'm trying to promote that, I'm not). Obviously thats where we'd go first if it were up because we know that community better and its kind of a loyalty thing.
Yeah, we're not an exclusive club.  To me, you can be on both.  I was the one who approached fizzo about running the BFC with me, but he took it as my interest in restarting Sonic Army.  I haven't heard from him in a while though, and I'm not interested in Sonic Army.  It was fun at the time, but I like what we got going here.

However, we hope teams would be up for competing on both!

(MVP)

x5

x7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desperado

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:28 am

It didnt even occur to me that we could be on both lol.

SG, Sonic Army was the first and only actual ladder for SWBF on ps2. It was basically the only way to organize matches and its where all the clans met up. This started within a month of SWBF 1 coming out. Back then, the only clans were JOT$ (which BS and TF broke off from), CS, RABiD, CvC, VG (which TPB broke off from), and a couple of auto aim clans that tried their luck with us. SA later fielded the first and second generations of SWBF 2 clans. Once the original clans moved on, SA went 360 with them, and Warzone was like the only SWBF ladder site.

On SA, we had the 6v6 Class Specific ladder, which we created to prevent all engy and rocket matches. The point of having the specials was for variety and strategy. You had to use the grunt/sniper to unlock the specials. It was cool at the time. It turned out that any good rocket or engy could neutralize the specials, so they werent as dominant as people would think.

Those were the days though...before social media. It would take like a week to set up a battle and when it came time for it it was this giant deal. Its so awesome that technology has improved so much but it really takes away from what made SWBF special back then. This new one will have hundreds of thousands of people on it and we'll never interact with 95% of them the way we did in SWBF 2

{JOG}MrClean wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:20 pm

You can absolutely be on both ladders. We realized a little while ago if we tried to compete with other ladders instead of doing our own thing we wouldn't last, lol.

Those were the days for sure, a part of me really misses the old days of getting on after school to new forum posts and a chat box full of clan members. Obviously the introduction of Skype/Teamspeak and social media is an improvement, but I guess I'll just always feel like something's missing without the website side of clans.
Back to top Go down
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:40 pm

At least now everyone will be able to watch a clan match via Twitch. It'll make it harder for people to get away with breaking rules.

I agree that I'll miss the clansites. Now everyone communicates through outside means, through party chat, or in the case of Battlefield (and SWBF is sure to have it) the clan features on Battlelog.

It's going to be a lot different for us who were in middle or high school during the peak of SWBF2. Most of us are already done with college if we went. The last game I tried to play competitively was Bad Company 2, but that was freshman year of college.

SWBF3 will be the first since then and the first since I got a real job and got married.

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Yeah MTD was around the time with clans like FEAR, MNC, FOF, then they broke off into STR, MILL, JOG, LSJ, R, DK. Well even earlier than that but those were the clans that were around when I joined. You guys going to keep a list of clan sites like you did back in the day?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:43 am

LSJ and JOG were around way before even FEAR, MNC, and FOF just saying.

We'll probably have some sort of affiliates system like we used to have to at least show what clans are contributing, but the days of clan sites are pretty much over.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:12 am

Desperado wrote:
It didnt even occur to me that we could be on both lol.

SG, Sonic Army was the first and only actual ladder for SWBF on ps2. It was basically the only way to organize matches and its where all the clans met up. This started within a month of SWBF 1 coming out. Back then, the only clans were JOT$ (which BS and TF broke off from), CS, RABiD, CvC, VG (which TPB broke off from), and a couple of auto aim clans that tried their luck with us. SA later fielded the first and second generations of SWBF 2 clans. Once the original clans moved on, SA went 360 with them, and Warzone was like the only SWBF ladder site.

On SA, we had the 6v6 Class Specific ladder, which we created to prevent all engy and rocket matches. The point of having the specials was for variety and strategy. You had to use the grunt/sniper to unlock the specials. It was cool at the time. It turned out that any good rocket or engy could neutralize the specials, so they werent as dominant as people would think.

Those were the days though...before social media. It would take like a week to set up a battle and when it came time for it it was this giant deal. Its so awesome that technology has improved so much but it really takes away from what made SWBF special back then. This new one will have hundreds of thousands of people on it and we'll never interact with 95% of them the way we did in SWBF 2

I remember it didn't matter how old my clan was, didn't matter how experience we were, AkilleZ (Achilles) and/or Han/Tmac would find our site, post for a battle, one of 5 options (Grunt Only, 4v4 CS, etc etc).  I honestly do miss a lot of that, because you got to meet a lot of people that way, it's what made SA and to a lesser extent WarZone great.  We want to continue the close knit community even though you're right Despy, we won't see 95% of those who play.

Also the 6v6 CS was my favorite tournament we did on the BFC both times.

(MVP)

x5

x7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desperado

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:23 am

Little known fact about the 6v6 Class Specific rules: I came up with them (with a little assistance from Fizzo). Out of all the things Ive ever done in online gaming, thats what I'm most proud of.

{JOG}MrClean wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:43 pm

I only played in a handful of 6v6CS matches. In 2008 when I played the most competitively it was normally 5v5CS or even 4v4CS.

I caught the tail end of the second wave of SWBF2 clans with playing with in Spring 2007. I was fully immersed in the third wave though with SOR during the summer of 07, LOE through the winter, and finally MERC where I stayed, occasionally playing for JSA when MERC started to die.

I wish I could have been there in 05-06 for it all, but I don't know how well I would have taken as a then-8th grader.

I'm grateful that I get to be a part of this community and SWBF3 from the very beginning.

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:50 am

So kind've irrelevant now, to the current conversation, but R will be around for Battlefront 3.

x3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:16 am

Desperado wrote:
Little known fact about the 6v6 Class Specific rules: I came up with them (with a little assistance from Fizzo). Out of all the things Ive ever done in online gaming, thats what I'm most proud of.

I didn't have an exact copy of your rules, so I just went with BFC standards, plus add the two specials with the grunt/sniper to unlock.

(MVP)

x5

x7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:16 am

Some rumors. Take with large grain of salt.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/tons-star-wars-battlefront-rumors-links-star-wars-force-awakens/

Quote :
The last section of the campaign takes place before and during the opening segments of The Force Awakens. Don’t expect anything too revealing, because the game is expected to ship about a month before the movie releases.

The scale of the multiplayer is going to be absolutely massive with up 32 players participating on each side.

Space to land battles are absolutely happening, but will only be available in certain game modes.

There will be a “hero” system in place, where as you play you accumulate points that you can eventually cash in to play as a “hero” character. These characters are extremely powerful and have abilities that are not available to the normal characters that you play for most of the matches. The system is constantly in flux, but as it is now, pretty much everyone have a chance to play as a hero at least once per match.

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:55 am

Well clan sites are still going to be useful when it comes to tracking your members and listing clan battles. Honestly I'd think the clan sites would be more useful (not saying they would be used more) than ever. Posting videos of your clan battles will be simple. Easy way to contact clans unless everyone has each other on Facebook or PSN but lets face it that'd crowd up our friends list really quickly. Me personally wouldn't want a bunch of strangers on my FB and i like to keep my psn friends short.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:21 am

It's entirely possible clan sites return if large clans make a comeback. There's maybe been two clans you can consider "big" in the last few years of swbf2. Obviously the new game will have the potential to bring in large numbers again, however I imagine the only clan sites will be for record keeping and possibly off ladder battles depending on how we run our competitions. Skype and the ability to see people online when they're not just playing the same game you are have rendered chat boxes obsolete and modern communication has made setting up battles a day to day thing rather than taking a week to set up and get times straight.
Back to top Go down
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:21 pm

SWBF is going to use Battlelog, which has built in clan functions and pages. You can do pretty much everything on there that you could do with a clan site of old.

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:01 am

To be honest, battlelog kind of sucks. I don't even think it's that popular. It's just the only way to insert clan tags so that is why it has any hits. There's no forums or storage to put videos or anything. No character to it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Battlefront   

Back to top Go down

The new Battlefront
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next