HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am by Guest

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

Best special units were...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Best special units were...   Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:29 pm

What were the best special units to use? What was overpowered and what was garbage?

- Bothan, Imp Officer, Magnaguard, Clone Commander

- Wookie, Darktrooper, Droideka, Jet Trooper

Imani the Prideful

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:48 pm

I think the bothan, darktrooper, and magnaguard are definitely over powered. On pc that is all people use and they think its "skilled" even though the classes are super unbalanced on pc.

View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:03 pm

The only one I ever thought was really unbalanced was the Bothan Spy. The cloak is what ruins it. Every other special class is pretty fairly balanced, hell the Clone Commander is even underpowered.

The Darkie may have enhanced maneuverability and a great weapon, but its health is so low it takes only one shot from a sniper to kill it. The Imperial Commander is just a mortar with a crappy secondary weapon. The Wookiee has a lot of health, but it moves very slow. Its probably the best special class that isn't the Bothan. The Magna Guard is fairly balanced, though an argument could be made against the Poison. The Jet Trooper has the same health as a grunt (I think) but its main weapon is fairly weak. Finally the only thing the droideka is good at is glitching into walls.

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:15 pm

If you remove the neuro-poison from the Magnaguard it's not quite as bad but that thing is ridiculous otherwise.

The Bothan is really strong but I'd consider the Wookiee the op class. High health, not as slow as you may think, and a semi auto shotgun/sniper combo weapon plus the mortar. If you manage to get Reduc with the Wookiee it's game over, especially in CTF.
Back to top Go down
Kratos
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:53 pm

my personal list...

1. Wookie
2. Darkie
3. Magnaguard
4. Jet Trooper
5. Imperial Officer
6. Bothan Spy
7. Droideka
8. Republic commander

Wookie - Health in a game where not every shot registers = invaluable. Plus, he has 4 grenades, a bowcaster that doesn't require too much precision to aim(the charge up has its uses), a mortar which if mastered might be the deadliest weapon in the game, and a Recon droid to top it all off(though not allowed in matches). The Wookie lacked speed but his survivability and destructive power are so great that he can compensate by being a literal walking tank. Random fact : it takes 25 blaster shots(non headshots) from an Imperial grunt to kill a reduction wookie.

Darkie - Jetpack is overpowered on maps like Mos E and Naboo. The only problem is that Darkie does struggle on some smaller maps like Tantive and Polis and that's what holds him back from being number one. The reason for that is that it's hard to avoid shocking your teammates/and of course your jetpack isn't quite as useful. Regardless, a masterful Darkie who understands their squishy nature is still one of the scariest things because he can impact the outcome of the match heavily. (especially on Mos E and Naboo like I said) Plus, precision pistol is very easy to get with a darkie... because u can shock and then pistol to kill. Awards darkie is just as scary as an award Wookie.

Magnaguard - Massive killing power and can be argued by some that it could be better than the Wookie. Though, I'd say Wookie is better just because I think his kit is a tiny bit more effective online. (Wookie having lots of health, one spread-fire weapon, and one splash damage weapon) The poison can be ridiculous in closing out maps as well... if you're trying to white out the last base, and the team spawns on u... you might be able to get off a poison on a lot of people depending if you wait for the spawn invinc to end or not.

Jet Trooper - Squishy, but being able to hover in order to get a better angle to shoot your opponent is fairly strong. Plus, he doesn't have to reload after every Rocket and instead after each two. With that you can force your opponent into using some type of dodge and then kill them where they dodge.

Imperial Officer - Mortar is always OP on any character and the Damage Increase buff he can give his teammates is highly undervalued. (pairing him up with a sniper for instance would be really strong) Many agree bubble gun taunts are the best taunt in the game.

Bothan Spy - Definitely has its situational uses but unfortunately doing objective with the class is very difficult. In conquest, you see the base flashing and if you check on your map and see no one on the Radar... you can assume its a bothan. CTF is even worse in that case... but if a Bothan plays his cards right and gets energy regen, he can make a map go on for FOREVER and allow his team get second chance after second chance to make a comeback. Probably the most annoying out of all the classes.

Droideka - Bigger maps like Kashyyyk, Geonosis, Yavin IV, Mos E, etc. = have fun winning the map by reinforcements. The only thing that holds back Droideka is that everyone knows how to deal with them. Just running around them in circles because of its terrible turning. Though, if a Droideka's positions itself smartly... it can be really tough to close the distance with some classes.

Republic commander - Chaingun is actually pretty underrated. However, it is no mortar and because of that this class it is at the bottom of my list. Chaingun can be effective on bigger maps, because of its projectile speed. Killing snipers from far range with a chaingun as they attempted to snipe you was hilarious. Similar the Imperial Officer, his damage reduction buff can be quite useful if you pair him up with another class... probably the most effective pair would be putting him with the Engineer.

Honestly, I think there is situations for every single special where they can shine. Though, some classes are better in more situations than the others. I based my list off which class would be best in organized, high-level match play.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theswbfc.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:42 am

1. Wookie
2. Darkie
3. Jet Trooper
4. Magnaguard
5. Imperial Officer
6. Republic Commander
7. Droideka
8. Bothan

The wookie, with its variety of weapons, is built to handle any situation that it faces. Honestly though,The wookie is just a fuckin' tank...get this guy reduction and say GG. OP offense, OP Defense, put this guy in the right hands and its down right dirty.

The Darkie's mobility is insane. This guy can kill you, take your base, and get to the next one before you even spawn lmao. Da Darkie is also an offensive power house shittin all all the things like a god. Darkies are also useful for taking out awards because they stun the guy for a second letting their rocket or engy finish him off.

A rocket that can get angles with the jetpack and troll someone with two rockets? Sign me up please.

Magnaguard is strong as fuck. Kratos summarized it nicely but, I think its just slightly worse than the ones above.

Like kratos said, the mortar is probably the best weapon in the game when used properly...Add in the trolly increase packet he gives to his teammates and you got yourself an OP class.

I've always thought the chaingun was pretty troll with the ability to delete some badkids. What really makes him move sexy hough is his buff...the damg reduction can make him and the guy hes running with pretty troll.

Droideka, is a mobile class that can run shit on you on the right maps, but even then in a fight it has alot of flaws. The droideka can get screwed by circumstance more than any other class and thats why, despite all of the droidekas pros, I put the metal ball down here.

The bothan, more than anything, is simply just a thorn in your side throughout the game trolling you. I don't think the bothans impact is as great as the specials above, except the Droideka on certain maps. It's still a very strong class though.
Back to top Go down
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:20 am

Looks like a lot of different ideas.

The things I remember from the specials were the Droidikas glitching in the walls and killing people. And people camping with the Magnaguards. With all the power those things had, I'd still get killed by people hiding around corners just so they could poison me.

Scarz
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:56 pm

1) bothan
2) LAK cuz hes a ruhtar h4h4h4
3) wookie ( i can't kill him as a grunt Sad _
4) driodeka, SHITS OP WTF SHIELD

u know hes just gonna copy pasta
dis
lol

LAK™️ - 2015

MVP

MVP

MVP

Back to top Go down
View user profile
IcemaN
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:28 am

Poison wrote:
If you manage to get Reduc with the Wookiee it's game over, especially in CTF.
Was that a shot at the 4v4 with mortor we chose to do with LSJ? lightsaber

x6
x7

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:28 am

Would have never thought that Specials would ever be used again.

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:50 am

We use em from time to time. Mostly just mortars though, because it behaves similar to the four base classes. The Bothan/Darkie just change the dynamics of the match to dramatically. so we only bring those out in the 6v6 tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:01 am

They can definitely turn the tide of a match. If you were talented with the Droidika, you could control a map because of their speed and shielding. Go from post to post and use shields until you capped it.

DoomGaze

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:43 am

Wookie or bust. Although once you get the endurance award or whatever the hell its called with the Bothan, its GG. Holy fuck it has been so long i forgot what the hell the name of the thing that allows the Bothan to be perma cloaked was called.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:12 am

DoomGaze wrote:
Wookie or bust. Although once you get the endurance award or whatever the hell its called with the Bothan, its GG. Holy fuck it has been so long i forgot what the hell the name of the thing that allows the Bothan to be perma cloaked was called.

energy regen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best special units were...   

Back to top Go down

Best special units were...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1