HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:00 am by 

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

Memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Splinter

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Poison wrote:
All you have to do to play on PS2 is change your DNAS settings, which takes maybe five minutes.
Way too long a difficult, duh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swbf2legends.forumotion.com
Demon_Blade

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:56 am

It is difficult when you aren't stuck in the past with a composite cable capable device.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:47 am

Plus the PS2 can use component cables too which every HDTV still at least has.

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:12 am

I meant that it may be easier for others to come back to swbf2 on PC rather than on PS2 (since we were talking about old memories and a lot of old school players were commenting), since most people have a PC that can run swbf2 than those who still have a PS2. Sorry for the confusion from lack of context on my end. No need to start bashing on PC or the swbf2 community on PC. Thats uncalled for..

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:21 am

Desperado wrote:
I'm not playing SWBF with a mouse and keyboard

Why not, didn't Loose Gunz do that?

Also, regarding PC battlefront, it is not advisable. When I played like 2 years ago, almost every room was td off.

Speaking of td off and memories, I sure as shit will never forget the swbII official server and their forums. Ah, those were some fun times. I do not think anybody here was around for that time except Desperado. I only say this because I do not recognize any names on this forum, and I doubt anyone knows who I am either, besides Despy or Delta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:38 am

DoomGaze wrote:
Desperado wrote:

Also, regarding PC battlefront, it is not advisable. When I played like 2 years ago, almost every room was td off.

Speaking of td off and memories, I sure as shit will never forget the swbII official server and their forums. Ah, those were some fun times. I do not think anybody here was around for that time except Desperado. I only say this because I do not recognize any names on this forum, and I doubt anyone knows who I am either, besides Despy or Delta.

You aren't a real person.

On the note of PC battlefront well....I think its probably 50/50 honestly. Most people don't even have their PS2s anymore or a way to bother playing on them. Ethernet cables and all that sht. Only ethernet cable I have in my room is to my PC. But yeah, stick to ps2 if there's actually a following there (not just the staff posting here Wink )

PC battlefront is better honestly but I can understand others wanting to keep to ps2 because mouse and keyboard isn't preferred for console players. Or maybe you are all running toaster computers from 10 years ago. Who knows! I'd prefer PS2 too if it didnt require the efforts of actually getting my dusty ps2 out of the closet and online and running. Oh and the terrible picture quality too (even with composite.)

Most people have to spend money just to play ps2 online again lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splinter

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:03 am

I think it's rather pointless debating this on a site that has for a long period of time supported PS2 and PS2 only, and has been made clear that that is the platform that the next season will be played on.

Yeah you can say PC is the master race, and without doubt you can do more controls on PC then you ever will be able to on a console with a controller.  There is prime examples of this when PS2 Jedi players came to PC intially, no one from PS2 knew how to combat the faster, more complicated ramps, and use of combos/sprints that PC had.  But they also adapted given time, and most never picked up mouse and keyboard.  You could argue Jedi is a far more one dimensional game mode where aim and other things don't come into play, and you'd be right.  But I think it's a little unfair to simply say PC players are above and beyond what console is.

This is coming from someone who's spent the better part of 5 years gaming PC because I lost consistent access to a reliable way to play on consoles.  I've seen both ends of the spectrum, and I think both have their values.

And to be honest, after awhile I missed the older crappier graphics of PS2 battlefront lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swbf2legends.forumotion.com
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 pm

The game is a different beast on PC. Even with a controller it feels different. Part of it is the framerate. Another is that the maps are actually slightly different on PC from PS2. Some objects are smaller, larger, in different places, or not there at all. The players also play differently. In all the time I've played on PC the only servers that didn't use AI were those run by former PS2 clans. Funnily enough both PC and Xbox used AI extensively

To sum it up, it is different.

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:36 pm

IceCreamMan wrote:
DoomGaze wrote:
Desperado wrote:

You aren't a real person.

On the note of PC battlefront well....I think its probably 50/50 honestly. Most people don't even have their PS2s anymore or a way to bother playing on them. Ethernet cables and all that sht. Only ethernet cable I have in my room is to my PC. But yeah, stick to ps2 if there's actually a following there (not just the staff posting here Wink )

PC battlefront is better honestly but I can understand others wanting to keep to ps2 because mouse and keyboard isn't preferred for console players. Or maybe you are all running toaster computers from 10 years ago. Who knows! I'd prefer PS2 too if it didnt require the efforts of actually getting my dusty ps2 out of the closet and online and running. Oh and the terrible picture quality too (even with composite.)

Most people have to spend money just to play ps2 online again lol.

NO U
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:45 pm

PC BF2 servers are usually full and almost all are TD on except some that are run by noobs like SL Fun House for example. Most servers are located in Europe however, but the skill level is very high overall. If you want to play in Public servers your only choice is PC BF2 until the BFC gets close, I'm sure this time more people will come back from retirement for this last season.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptorempire.com/
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:56 am

Quote :

Easily the best servers. The only drawback was that it was constantly full and Jabba's Palace was every third map.

DoomGaze

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:53 am

Poison wrote:
Most of us are familiar with older players and clans, DoomGaze. I've known ICM and Despy for a long time.

I don't think anyone is going to argue against PC gaming being excellent. We ran a small PC ladder around this time last year to some success. That said, the BFC has always been a PS2 community and we have run successful ladders here since late 2007 despite a rapidly declining player population. We've kept the current core clans around since season 8 in 2012 and we were hoping to expand our player base and have a larger final season before we make the move to PS4 in the fall.

If you don't have the means, nor want to play that is your choice but I assure you we have more than enough player and clan support to run a very successful season 12 on PS2. We don't need to be lectured on how much better PC is than PS2, many of us have also played the PC version (and a lot of us have very nice computers and play PC games regularly) yet we still choose to hold our ladders and tournaments on PS2 because that is where the people who have actually participated in the community from the beginning come from.

I am not lecturing anyone on anything if you are referring to me. I'm completely irrelevant and a nobody in this community and have been for a long time, so my opinion does not matter. I just think that consoles don't have very many exclusives anymore thus the superiority of the PC. I will probably purchase a PS4 though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desperado

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:13 am

I don't care if a game is an exclusive or not....I just care if a game is good.

{JOG}MrClean wrote:
DELTA MAYBE YOU DONT'T HEAR SO WELL WITH ALL THOSE DICKS IN YOUR FACE.

KEEP YOUR CHIPMUNK ASS OFF THIS THREAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoomGaze

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26 am

Desperado wrote:
I don't care if a game is an exclusive or not....I just care if a game is good.

Well then join the PC Gaming community, where every game is superior to its console version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desperado

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:45 am

Playing Advanced Warfare on my ps4 is the same as playing Advanced Warfare on PC. Its the same game. Plus, I wont have to upgrade my ps4 for another 7 years and I know everyone I'm playing against is on the same machine as me.

{JOG}MrClean wrote:
DELTA MAYBE YOU DONT'T HEAR SO WELL WITH ALL THOSE DICKS IN YOUR FACE.

KEEP YOUR CHIPMUNK ASS OFF THIS THREAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoomGaze

PostSubject: Re: Memories   Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 am

Desperado wrote:
Playing Advanced Warfare on my ps4 is the same as playing Advanced Warfare on PC. Its the same game. Plus, I wont have to upgrade my ps4 for another 7 years and I know everyone I'm playing against is on the same machine as me.

I mean besides the GPU and CPU you don't really have to upgrade, and even then if you get a good pair you won't need to upgrade for a few years anyways. Fair enough though regarding friends, I also play with a lot of old friends from my days of raiding in WoW so that is part of the reason why I stick with PC gaming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memories   

Back to top Go down

Memories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2