HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am by Guest

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

Does anyone still use the in-game mic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SG-17

PostSubject: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:30 am

I've noticed in the F/A topic people providing their skypes. Does everyone use that now instead of the in-game voice chat? I actually still have my logitech mic and it still works last time I checked. I don't remember the voice chat being too bad in game, though it has been a while.

Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:36 am

SG-17 wrote:
I've noticed in the F/A topic people providing their skypes. Does everyone use that now instead of the in-game voice chat? I actually still have my logitech mic and it still works last time I checked. I don't remember the voice chat being too bad in game, though it has been a while.

No one uses in-game any longer, even if most people don't have a computer or laptop near their ps2, most phones or tablets etc. have skype on them, so they're countless ways to access it and no point in using shitty 3 second lag in game mics.

MVP

MVP

MVP

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:42 am

Yeah, besides the fact that skype is one hundred times better than ps2, most people don't have Ps2 mics anymore. Almost all SWBF2 related conversations happen via skype messenger as well. I think SoF uses Teamspeak like noobs though.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:32 am

I'm almost certain no one here uses the built in voice chat for matches on the ladder. I think there are a few people who still use it in Dracula's, the last public server that remains.

I actually use my Logitech PS2 mic for Skype.

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:05 am

LAK wrote:
Yeah, besides the fact that skype is one hundred times better than ps2, most people don't have Ps2 mics anymore. Almost all SWBF2 related conversations happen via skype messenger as well. I think SoF uses Teamspeak like noobs though.

lol who uses skype anymore?

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:24 pm

Id like to see the skype call that can support 512 concurrent users like teamspeak Smile

And the voice quality is much improved over skype.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:31 am

I didn't realize that there was a delay of the chat in game. When was this figured out?

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:55 am

I thought it was always known. A common example would be:

Player A says WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU

Player B dies to guy behind him

Player B says WTF DUDE WHY DIDNT U TELL ME

Player B then hears  "Watch you behind you".

Once Skype or I guess TS came into play in 2009 that sort of thing never occurred again.
Back to top Go down
Stern
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:10 pm

I don't use TeamSpeak, so I don't know all of its advantages, but I don't think SWBF2 calls require more than 12 people. Almost everyone has Skype so everyone is familiar with its functionality. The only reason why people used PS2 mics instead of Skype was, to my knowledge, some people couldn't use their computer/phone's internet connection at the same time

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:20 am

You know what's crazy? For Skype I actually use the 30$ Logitech Vantage PS2 mic that we all used to have. Yesterday I plugged my mic back into my PS2 and it actually might be better now. The feedback of your own voice (this is what lets you know your mic is working) seemed much loader and clearer.

No idea if I'm just remembering wrong, and I wasn't talking to anyone else but the quality could be better now. Not sure if it really applies to anyone nowadays but yea, could be interesting.

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:20 pm

khaos-rage wrote:
Id like to see the skype call that can support 512 concurrent users like teamspeak Smile

I'd like to see your need for anywhere near a fraction of 512 concurrent users.

crapgamer wrote:
Not many people can say they have motorboated triple-D's but I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demon_Blade

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:18 pm

IceCreamMan wrote:
khaos-rage wrote:

It isn't just the number of users, it is superior in anyway.
Quality of Codec, Possibilities of different codecs, Reliability, Controlled environment, Changing specific user volumes, Ability to mute users,
Voice activation, Not a bandwidth whore, Always Online, No back ground noise, ect

I could keep going, but I don't want to waste anymore time trying to purge your single minded thoughts.
I swear this entire community is stuck in 2007. It is almost like everyone is scared to change a little bit.
It is sad looking in on this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCreamMan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:13 am

Demon_Blade wrote:
IceCreamMan wrote:
khaos-rage wrote:

It isn't just the number of users, it is superior in anyway.
Quality of Codec, Possibilities of different codecs, Reliability, Controlled environment, Changing specific user volumes, Ability to mute users,
Voice activation, Not a bandwidth whore, Always Online, No back ground noise, ect

I could keep going, but I don't want to waste anymore time trying to purge your single minded thoughts.
I swear this entire community is stuck in 2007. It is almost like everyone is scared to change a little bit.
It is sad looking in on this forum.
x-wing

crapgamer wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:24 am

Using in-game mics should be a new BFC rule for this upcoming season. Keep it old school Wink

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:51 am

Dark wrote:
Using in-game mics should be a new BFC rule for this upcoming season. Keep it old school Wink
You are voted off the ideas committee.

crapgamer wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone still use the in-game mic?   

Back to top Go down

Does anyone still use the in-game mic?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1