HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:45 am by Dark

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

Community Affiliation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xx~{FGN}OwnerDan~Dino~xX.

PostSubject: Community Affiliation    Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Hello all, I just found this site and I also own a gaming community "Future Gaming Network" we are very similar sites as well we , both have xats , both use forumotion, we started off on battlefront but now we both embrace all games, we still have battlefront in our banner tho, and you can be sure ill be at battlefront DICE's midnight release. most of us at FGN are more excited for battlefront, The Force Awakens, and Rouge One, than anything else. But anyways I was wondering if you guys would like to post each others links on each others sites? hope thats cool

Also on a side note since your star wars fans one of my other credits include that i'm an author on starwars7news.com well I was the first new writer to join actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Where did you come from? PC, Xbox, a side of the PS2 that we totally missed?

Put the link here too, I'd like to see your site.

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:06 pm

www.xfgn.forumotion.com

well.. not the most conventional battlefront clan but : Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron, which was was battlefront 3 was gonna be before it got cancelled (the first time) and it got remade into a PSP game, I recognize the story and maps from the BF3 trailer.

we became the biggest and longest to live site to come from that game since gamespy closed we changed our name and status to a community, we are 3+ yrs old tho, this wasnt our first site either we had to move because of issues, but we've been on forumotion the longest.
Also I play BFII on pc Alot on gameranger, have been on pc bf2 forever.

here are some of the dead sites to come from SWBES if your interested in seeing a lost past

general-nation.forumotion.com
xiehx.forumotion.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Well I'll be damned. I didn't realize that a scene had developed around the PSP games. I played Renegade Squadron for a bit, but the prevalence of hackers turned me off from it and Elite Squadron.

This site is going to relaunch in a few months with a professionally made website and a real forum. We have a large community of clans that will be participating in our ladders, any clans from the PSP side are welcome to play.

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:31 pm

wow we are planning on having a professional make a new site for us for the new battlefront as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:54 pm

While I believe it would be better for the community as a whole if there was only one community/ladder site, that isn't an issue right now and won't be for a while. We don't even know if SWBF will launch with Rent-A-Server, which is necessary for competitive play.

Anyway, let me give you a TLDR version of the history of this site.

We were founded at the end of 2007 by Delta as a replacement for two other ladder sites that died earlier. We have held regular tournaments and competitive seasons for the last 7+ years now. We are holding a fairwell season with a $600 prize for SWBF2 this summer before the new game comes out.

We too have gone through several different websites, but the core of the community has stayed relatively the same.

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:56 pm

as has my community, we have never done competitive play like that tho, we are more of a traditional gaming community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Hello,
When I was the leader of the Star Wars Legends (SWL), I went on your site because I found some of you playing on PC SWBF2. Wasn't it named PWN or something like that before? I remember the site look.
Anyway just wanted to say hi since I found you guys about a year ago lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptorempire.com/

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:41 pm

oh yea I remember!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:45 am

You guys should definitely participate in the SWBF2 mixers.

Strife

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:30 am

Xx~{FGN}OwnerDan~Dino~xX. wrote:
www.xfgn.forumotion.com

well.. not the most conventional battlefront clan but : Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron, which was was battlefront 3 was gonna be before it got cancelled (the first time) and it got remade into a PSP game, I recognize the story and maps from the BF3 trailer.

we became the biggest and longest to live site to come from that game since gamespy closed we changed our name and status to a community, we are 3+ yrs old tho, this wasnt our first site either we had to move because of issues, but we've been on forumotion the longest.

here are some of the dead sites to come from SWBES if your interested in seeing a lost past

xiehx.forumotion.com

I take that the servers on the PC are still running? I was planning to get back into the game.

"When you hear someone say,"If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about." what there're actually saying is" If I'm not doing anything wrong, I don't need to have rights."
-Ben Swann
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splinter

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:08 am

Strife wrote:
www.xfgn.forumotion.com

xiehx.forumotion.com

I take that the servers on the PC are still running? I was planning to get back into the game.

They do by replacing the .exe, easier than PS2 if you don't care about the platforms differences.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swbf2legends.forumotion.com
khaos-rage

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:57 pm

Splinter wrote:
Strife wrote:
Alot on gameranger, have been on pc bf2 forever.

They do by replacing the .exe, easier than PS2 if you don't care about the platforms differences.

He is using GameRanger which is basically local network games broadcasted over the internet not GameMaster which is what replacing the exe is.

GameMaster is a much better solution IMO because you don't have to install 3rd party software that bloats your computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Game Ranger is basically adware.

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:20 pm

I too am from FGN, and also part of the staff there.

Well, GameRanger isn't what I'd use, but any LAN emulator should do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:31 pm

GameMaster is better because it's a replacement for GameSpy. It's actually online actually let's you use rented servers.

http://gameshare.co/gamemaster

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Strife wrote:

Hit me up if you want to play! I'm from EU as well so I'll be on at around the same times as you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptorempire.com/
Demon_Blade

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:20 pm

SG-17 wrote:
Game Ranger is basically adware.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:55 am

Welcome to the BFC site Dan, its pretty awesome that you guys managed to transition from a PSP clan into a big site with a bunch of members and posts. We actually never realized that there were so many SWBF PSP players. Out of curiosity, how did you manage to find our site?

There are a lot of similarities with our sites like you said xat, formation, but I think we might have confused you with our banner though. We don't actually host any competitions for other games at this time. I think we did some minor stuff on one of the Call of Duty games but it was never as big as SWBF2. Our main focus for the past few years has been hosting competitive ladder and bracket tournaments on SWBF2 for the PS2. When SWBF3 comes out, we plan to be on a new site, hosting further tournaments for that game. At first I believe the plan is to find a good ruleset with early experimentation, and then focus on competitions on the Playstation 4 (as all of other other tournaments were on the PS2). Once we get organized and know people on the other consoles there's a large possibility we will also be hosting things for Xbox 1 and PC as well.

As for advertising each others' sites I think we could do that. You guys could link to our site advertising upcoming tournaments or other competitive things for SWBF3, and we could link to your site advertising to go there SWBF3 talk, discussion, and all those who are interested in other games.

One last thing, as others have mentioned, I noticed that you said you have been using Gameranger to play SWBF2 on PC. Now I'm not 100% sure at this point how Gameranger handles its server list at this point, but you may be missing out on a bunch of servers. As far as I am aware, GameMaster hosts a bunch of PC servers, and its the workaround to GameSpy we use to play on PS2 to this day. Here's their server list:
https://gameshare.co/servers/game/swbfront2pc
EDIT: Gameranger is a apparently LAN tunneling, so the server lists are almost certainly different.

Its also entirely possible that I'm wrong though and that Gameranger and GameMaster have the same or similar servers listed, just thought I'd let you know, mostly because... there's a chance it could also allow you guys to keep playing on your PSPs. The reason we chose GameMaster as our solution is because it requires no programs to be downloaded on the side of the player, just a simple change of DNS addresses. When you guys create an internet connection setting on PSP, can you set your IP and DNS addresses manually? If so that's all it takes. We would have to talk to the guys who run GameMaster set up support on their end, but I get the impression that enabling a game might not be too difficult for them, they would be very willing to do it if there's a lot of you.

I also saw some videos on the sites you linked of you guys using PSP emulators to continue playing online, that's pretty awesome but GameMaster could give you the old fashion way back.

Last edited by Mike on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:11 am

not if you mute the app, it also it has the most players, I play in 50+ player servers all the time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:52 am

Dan/Dino/Owner whichever short nickname I'm allowed to call you by,
Welcome to our site...which won't be our site for long. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. Work has been busy for me these past couple days, Mike represents us well - we'd love to have some sort of affiliation and co-advertising. We're in the process of constructing our new site which should be completed soon. If you have some sort of affiliate button we could use to link to your site, that'd be a good start.

(MVP)

x5

x7
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:44 am

ah just found page two of this topic, I found this site by googling for sites mentioning battlefront within the last month, also ive tried gamemaster, its OK, but gameranger has around 3x the players online. Also whatever you guys wanna do whether its post a topic on each others site or have a button linking each others sites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:51 pm

also ive tried gamemaster, its OK, but gameranger has around 3x the players online.
Oh, ok I wasn't sure about how popular Gameranger was. I mostly wanted to mention GameMaster because I actually think it could get the PSP up and running online again.

Also whatever you guys wanna do whether its post a topic on each others site or have a button linking each others sites.
I think Delta is down to do both, do u guys have like an affiliate button? I'm not sure if we do but we might be making a new one...

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:57 am

DaGoat` wrote:
Strife wrote:

Hit me up if you want to play! I'm from EU as well so I'll be on at around the same times as you Very Happy

Will do, right now I'm waiting for the game to go on sale on steam.

"When you hear someone say,"If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about." what there're actually saying is" If I'm not doing anything wrong, I don't need to have rights."
-Ben Swann
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Affiliation    

Back to top Go down

Community Affiliation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1