HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am by Guest

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}
 
Kratos
 
{BOT}A-Hole
 
Stern
 
Phantom
 
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση
 
Mike
 
Fir3hazard
 
SG-17
 
IcemaN
 

Share | 
 

 Overview of the Coming Months

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Overview of the Coming Months   Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:16 am

Here is a tentative schedule of what the next few months and Season 12 should look like. We have a few changes and clarifications to the ladder and game play as well. Take a look, feel free to respond with any input or questions, and remember this is not 100% set in stone as of yet.

Season 12 Schedule:
Mid-April: Website release
April 30: BFC Hall of Fame announcement
May 1: Clan sign-ups
May 15: Preseason
May 28: State of the BFC: Season 3, Episode 1
May 29: Season begins
July 1 - July 8: All-Star voting
July 10: Playoffs BEGIN and Tournament begins
July 10: SotBFC awards show and All-Star team announcement

New BFC Site:
I’m pleased to say our new site is coming along rather nicely and we plan on having it ready to go mid-April. We’re really excited for it so be ready to move sites around that time!

Hall of Fame:
The BFC has evolved in many ways since its inception in 2007. No exception to these changes is the Hall of Fame and what it takes to be inducted into the group. The staff has decided that with the coming of a new site and a new game we will be making a few changes to the Hall of Fame and we will be conducting an in depth look at each current and future HoF member as a group.
The current Hall of Fame will remain in tact on our current website, however it will become outdated as we make our move to the new BFC website.

Preseason:
We have determined that there is enough activity to hold a two week preseason prior to the start of Season 12. If there is enough activity, the top four clans at the end of preseason receive 4, 3, 2, and 1 point respectively. These points will go directly toward the clans’ regular season points total.

State of the BFC:
SotBFC will be hosted by LAK and me this season every Thursday night and will feature a third guest host each episode. If you are interested in guest hosting please contact either of us and we’ll see about getting you on the show.
Episode 1 will air Thursday, May 28th at 9:00 pm eastern.
The BFC awards show will air Friday, July 10th at 9:00 pm eastern.

Playoffs:
The top 4 teams will make the playoffs by default. However, we are adding in a new single elimination play-in tournament featuring the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds. The winner of that tournament will then play the #4 team for the chance face the #1 seed in the first round of the playoffs.

Tournament:
We have discussed a variety of tournaments and have a brand new tournament prepared pending the number of clans we have for after the regular season ends. We’re really hype for this thing so be sure to stick around even if your clan is eliminated from playoff contention to participate.

---------------------------------

Death Star CTF:
We have had some very long discussions regarding the community’s feelings toward Death Star Capture the Flag and feel the following format is a fair middle ground between those in favor and those not in favor of the map.
Regular season: 45 minutes; 1 flag limit
Postseason: 30 minute regulation; if tied 30 minute sudden death; if still tied 6th map
If both clans agree to play with a longer timer or without a timer, an adjustment can be made for that match.

Battle Rules:
In a 5v5 or bigger match, if a clan drops a player midway through and cannot find a sub for whatever reason then the power of deciding class restrictions is given to the other clan. This is so that clans cannot get an advantage by dropping a player after the match has already started.

Gate Wench:
The gate wench at base 4 on Kashyyyk has been added to the list of map features that may not be repeatedly destroyed and repaired during a match.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Member


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:55 am

Nice update, Poison.

Khaos-rage and I will be working on the new BFC website again tomorrow, hopefully. I think it's coming along nicely so far. Definitely ahead of schedule at this point.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sofgaming.com
SG-17
Member
avatar

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 25
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Was the gate wench being abused somehow?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SGC17
Eddard Stark
Member
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 39
Location : Canuck

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:04 pm

Poison wrote:
Here is a tentative schedule of what the next few months and Season 12 should look like.
This looks like a newsletter. I hope you use one for SWBF3. I would subscribe to that.

Poison wrote:
I’m pleased to say our new site is coming along rather nicely and we plan on having it ready to go mid-April. We’re really excited for it so be ready to move sites around that time!
Can't wait to see it. If SWBF3 becomes a game that only Star Wars fans enjoy, this site could be really good. Just a matter of promotion.

Poison wrote:
The staff has decided that with the coming of a new site and a new game we will be making a few changes to the Hall of Fame and we will be conducting an in depth look at each current and future HoF member as a group.
Thank God.

Poison wrote:
SotBFC will be hosted by LAK and me this season every Thursday night and will feature a third guest host each episode. If you are interested in guest hosting please contact either of us and we’ll see about getting you on the show.
Episode 1 will air Thursday, May 28th at 9:00 pm eastern.
What kind of show is this? A podcast? A YouTube video? A stream with commentators in the background?

_________________
Winter is coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bringit.com
Rugal
Member
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-04-25
Age : 21
Location : Bompton, California

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Dope. cheers

_________________




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imani the Prideful
Member
avatar

Posts : 49
Join date : 2014-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Eddard Stark wrote:
Poison wrote:
Here is a tentative schedule of what the next few months and Season 12 should look like.
This looks like a newsletter. I hope you use one for SWBF3. I would subscribe to that.

Poison wrote:
I’m pleased to say our new site is coming along rather nicely and we plan on having it ready to go mid-April. We’re really excited for it so be ready to move sites around that time!
Can't wait to see it. If SWBF3 becomes a game that only Star Wars fans enjoy, this site could be really good. Just a matter of promotion.

Poison wrote:
The staff has decided that with the coming of a new site and a new game we will be making a few changes to the Hall of Fame and we will be conducting an in depth look at each current and future HoF member as a group.
Thank God.

Poison wrote:
SotBFC will be hosted by LAK and me this season every Thursday night and will feature a third guest host each episode. If you are interested in guest hosting please contact either of us and we’ll see about getting you on the show.
Episode 1 will air Thursday, May 28th at 9:00 pm eastern.
What kind of show is this? A podcast? A YouTube video? A stream with commentators in the background?
The former and the latter.

_________________
"I lick the gun when i'm done, because i know revenge is Sweet."
"Yeah, I'd eat a girl's ass; But only if she did it in return"- Ahole, 2014
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:33 am

SG-17 wrote:
Was the gate wench being abused somehow?

Not to my knowledge. We're just trying to be thorough.

Eddard Stark wrote:
This looks like a newsletter. I hope you use one for SWBF3. I would subscribe to that.

I think it would be a solid idea to have some sort of formal update like this once a month or so. Good idea.

Eddard Stark wrote:
Can't wait to see it. If SWBF3 becomes a game that only Star Wars fans enjoy, this site could be really good. Just a matter of promotion.

I'm really excited for it. You all should love it.

Eddard Stark wrote:
What kind of show is this? A podcast? A YouTube video? A stream with commentators in the background?

SotBFC is a weekly show LAK and I have hosted the last few seasons with the help if a wealthy Jewish benefactor. We usually recap the week's matches, have different topics to talk about, and have a guest who is interviewed and can have input on the topics if they desire.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 310
Join date : 2011-08-01
Age : 25
Location : Boston, MA

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:02 am

SG-17 wrote:
Was the gate wench being abused somehow?

Haha, nah I was just being paranoid because we had the Hoth turret / beacon on the rules but we forgot the gate wench. Its probably impracticable to get award guns off of it but I try to close all the loopholes we might possibly have.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blood
Member
avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2011-08-01
Age : 24
Location : Nc

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:19 pm

Why is there gonna be points rewarded for pre-season?

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:02 pm

Blood wrote:
Why is there gonna be points rewarded for pre-season?

We used to do preseason that way back in season 5 or so. We're expecting a lot of activity and we already have scrims every day in March so we're trying to add a bit of incentive to play. It's not many points in the first place, and if there aren't enough matches played in the preseason we're not going to reward the points.
Back to top Go down
Blood
Member
avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2011-08-01
Age : 24
Location : Nc

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:34 pm

I see... but wouldn't the incentive to play be getting better before the regular season starts?

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
sniper
Member
avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 19
Location : Ponte Vedra Beach Flordia

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:37 pm

Poison wrote:

Preseason:
We have determined that there is enough activity to hold a two week preseason prior to the start of Season 12. If there is enough activity, the top four clans at the end of preseason receive 4, 3, 2, and 1 point respectively. These points will go directly toward the clans’ regular season points total.


I am confused on this point thing. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Well yes Blood, that should be the incentive. I think that's more on a personal level than a clan level; hence why we have a group of players participating in mixed scrims currently.

Basically Sniper, if there is enough activity during the preseason we will be giving equivalent to a win (4 points) to the team with the best record, 3 points to the team with the second best record, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Blood
Member
avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2011-08-01
Age : 24
Location : Nc

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:51 pm

I don't see how that's personal rather than a clan issue. I understand that you want people participating in the preseason, but it just doesn't make sense to me to give points to teams for preseason games. In sports preseason is strictly to get your team ready for the regular season. No incentives are given for being the best teams in pre season. But what do i know I'm a stupid stoner dude guy jocolor

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Because mixed scrims are usually made up of people from 4 or 5 different teams. If a good portion of the community doesn't like it then we don't need to do the points, but people need to be vocal if they don't like it.
Back to top Go down
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση
Member
avatar

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 21
Location : In your mom.

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:47 pm

I personally don't think it's a good idea. I think some players might not be back until right before the season, and I wouldn't see why they should be hindered by what happened pre-season. You are basically forcing clans to play scrims and to show their players' abilities pre-season, and I don't think it's fair.
In addition, you stated the top 4 active clans and yet you did not mention how you will jugdge who is "more active". I would suggest you keep it just like it has always been. Points are given for winning battles during the regular season, not based on activity pre-season. Many people go to school and have tests lol. Just my opinion, I think you are doing a wonderful job running the BFC Poison. and delta (wary)

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptorempire.com/
Wicked
Member
avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Im personally with Blood that pro sports use the preseason to get ready for the regular season. I do like the concept that if youre a good team to start you get a lead and its only 4 points so its not insurmountable. So if it's kept it would be okay, but I like it that at the beginning of the season everyone is on equal terms personally.

_________________
x3

x3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Overview of the Coming Months   

Back to top Go down
 
Overview of the Coming Months
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New LEGO store coming to Newark, DE!!!
» Skaven are coming, oh Noes
» Minecraft is coming too Xbox Live Arcade.
» The house is coming along nicely.
» 3DS games coming this Year

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars Battlefront Community :: The Cantina :: General Discussion-
Jump to: