HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am by Guest

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

Basic necessities for Battlefront

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:16 am

Quote :
Let Us Switch Between First And Third-Person Gameplay

"Star Wars: Battlefront" has a legacy spanning over 10 years, and that esteem hasn't been gained by being a completely first-person shooter. As longtime players will recall, both "Battlefront" games offered a choice between first and third-person perspectives. In fact, the latter of these was probably the favored way to enjoy the experience. When gameplay options offer the benefit of a fuller field of view, why not use it?

However, the chance to switch between viewpoints is a slightly nebulous aspect of 2015's "Star Wars: Battlefront" at this point. In October of last year, an EA earnings call specifically referred to the title as a "first-person shooter," leaving any evidence of the third-person perspective behind. Yet, other news outlets cite development sources seemingly confirming third-person gameplay. Until audiences are able to see a more detailed reveal in April, official answers on the matter are mixed. "Star Wars: Battlefront" is still a popular multiplayer series. If EA intends to hook veteran players with a new game this year, it better feature dual perspectives.

An Expansive Story

As much as "Star Wars: Battlefront" has been loved for its multiplayer gameplay, a fleshed out story mode is something that DICE and EA should be taking lots of time to develop. While other "Battlefield" games might be able to pass with generic campaigns, they aren't backed by one of the most expansive franchise lores in media history. Shooting "Star Wars" weapons is a lot of fun, but "Star Wars: Battlefront" should make a solid attempt to recognize the massive universe in which it takes place.

Rumors and leaks suggest that a complex single-player campaign is being created for "Battlefront." If that's the case, what should it include? Considering the game is situated to release alongside "Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens," it's a no brainer that fans should be able to play through their favorite moments from that movie. As far as past films are concerned, it's worth mentioning that the 2000s "Star Wars" trilogy hasn't held up as well as the original films. Knowing this, it might behoove the story team to consider adopting more moments from those older movies instead. Previous "Battlefront" games focused on newer material to build the brand, but, because "Episode VII" connects directly to "Hope," "Empire" and "Jedi," it should be easier to dive back into such timeless narratives that were more positively received.

Working Multiplayer

A chronic problem for this console generation is the broken state of many online multiplayer games. What trend now continues with titles like "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" and "Driveclub" can in many ways be traced back to origin with EA and Dice's "Battlefield 4." Well over a year after its release, patches are still being made to improve online stability. To be put simply, these kinks cannot happen when "Star Wars: Battlefront" finally reaches its scheduled 2015 release date. The "Star Wars: Battlefront" name has stayed relevant thanks to a thriving Internet community. If they can't play the new iteration on launch day without hassle, this very promising title could be dead in the water very quickly.

DLC (Hopefully Free)

Since "Star Wars: Battlefront" is being released in 2015, it's a certainty that EA likely has DLC plans for the game. As has already been said, the "Star Wars" universe is unrivaled when it comes to its potential for expansion. Thankfully, that luxury is exactly what DLC brings to games.

That being said, EA and DLC have a somewhat troubled relationship. As the studio has grown to become one of the biggest game publishers in the world, they've earned a reputation for being greedy with consumers. In fact, this hatred is so pervasive that EA has repeatedly been named one of America's worst companies. To soften the sting, it would be nice to see a portion of "Star Wars: Battlefront's" DLC be free. This would be most appropriate for a few multiplayer maps. After all, when maps are restricted behind paywalls, fewer people can enjoy them. In a game that will live and die by its multiplayer in the future, having lots of areas to fight is very important.

As for paid DLC, there's nothing wrong with that either. EA will likely release a season pass for paid content, and it will probably include additional story objectives, weapons, skins and multiplayer assets. In this regard, it would be great to see DLC delve into areas that the game's story mode can't explore. If anything from the 2000s trilogy is included, DLC might be a nice way to slide it in.

A 2015 Release Date

Another trend in gaming these days is release date delays. Yes they are sometimes necessary to create a polished final product, but, if EA can avoid it, "Star Wars: Battlefront" should release sometime this year. After all, this DICE product isn't just a game. It also depends on the upcoming movie as well. If "Battlefront" will ever make a comeback, it's primed to do its best when "Star Wars" chatter is at an all-time high from the new film. The development hope is likely to achieve completion in that time, but nothing has been confirmed yet. In an ideal world, "Star Wars: Battlefront" will be a complete release that's also on time.

SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:21 pm

At best you'll only be disappointed on 3 out of 5 of those points.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:36 am

This mostly covers it. Giving players a choice between first and third in as many scenarios as possible is definitely better and I'm not sure why they wouldn't do that. The only thing I can think of for now is that if they really care about people being able to aim down sights, perhaps third person would be difficult then.

As for the story, I wouldn't be super depressed if it was the same or very similar to the SWBF2 campaign. Basically just being put in the battles from the movies where they might throw in some cutscenes from the movies too.

I feel like the DLC point all depends on how much they show us about Episode 7 before its out. The game is planned to come out before the movie, so if the movie trailers are really long and theres a lot of behind the scenes stuff where the majority of the plot is revealed, I can see the game having lots of content from the movie from the get go. If the opposite is true and we know almost nothing about the movie when the game is about to be out, I doubt they will let the game spoil the movie. If it goes down this way I can see DLC related to the movie coming out at the same time the film does.

They should do this as a nice free first small DLC package, considering they probably would have wanted to put that movie content in the game at launch and I am certain they have already begun making it. They could use the ability to create DLC as one that helps the Star Wars IP avoid spoilers, but they probably won't.

In general I hope its just maps the come out as DLC. And even then all that does is split us up if someone doesn't want to pay for it. I definitely wouldn't want guns as DLC, but I can see them doing either that or new Jedi characters (as they did with SWBF2 on Xbox).

It certainly doesn't bode well that Battlefield 4 had crashing problems on day 1. If the game has day 1 crashing issues I don't think it would kill the game for us but it would show that they're incompetent. If there's server problems that could be a bit worse but I blame the developers ever so slightly less because I can see it being hard to predict.

Lastly, I don't actually care about the last point at all anymore. I wouldn't care if the game doesn't come out before 2015 ends. Just as long as its not cancelled. My view on this has changed, back when I was so certain that Spark Unlimited was making SWBF3, I wanted it to come out ASAP, even if it was terrible. Now that I know its being made, I just want them to make the best game possible, I don't care about the movie timing being able to move more copies, they should focus on the quality of the game and use that as a sell instead. As long as its not cancelled they can take as long as they like, I want it to be the best it can be, and me and a lot of other people here are going to be buying it even its shit anyway.

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:40 am

I really doubt we will have third person in infantry, DICE has never done it before. Though its pretty much guaranteed that we will be able to switch on the fly in vehicles. I'm not bothered if we don't have third person infantry, I am at the point now where I can switch between the two without a care.

I don't care about the singleplayer, at all. I'll probably only play it for the trophies. So if they have a good story it can only be a bonus.

EA won't let Battlefield 4's launch happen again. This time the game has been in development since May 2013 and it is only for PS4, Xbone, and PC meaning there won't be concessions or restraints to maintain some level of parity with the last generation of consoles. Plus there is all of the information learned from the Battlefield 4 Community Test Environment and Hardline's launch. I'd be surprised if there was anything more serious than a few server outages from sheer volume of demand.

DLC won't be free. Not a chance. We will most likely have a SWBF Premium, which I will buy day one. Its been a great value in BF3 and BF4 so I am not concerned.

Lastly, the game is coming out this Fall. There is no way it won't. It has to be out before the movie.

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:53 pm

Why do they put out games before movies anyway? Is there a reason? Seems like terrible spoilers.

I wouldn't mind buying skins of different Star Wars characters. There are so many characters they could use to really personalize the multiplayer experience. I hope it's maps as well. If they don't have the sarlac pit in a map, I'll be disappointed. It needs to be creative.

Yoda

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:17 am

Eddard Stark wrote:
Why do they put out games before movies anyway? Is there a reason? Seems like terrible spoilers.

Because there'll be people who will buy the game because of movie hype that wouldn't have the urge to buy the game AFTER that film or if the film is not what they expected.

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:25 am

I know they've said repeatedly that it wont be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, and I'm hoping to god they stick to that. I like Battlefield and all, but I didnt wait 10 years for Star Wars Battlefield.

I just really hope that the game isnt dominated by vehicles, whether it be for transport or what. I'm an infantry guy 100% and I prefer to keep it that way.

{JOG}MrClean wrote:
DELTA MAYBE YOU DONT'T HEAR SO WELL WITH ALL THOSE DICKS IN YOUR FACE.

KEEP YOUR CHIPMUNK ASS OFF THIS THREAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kratos
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:33 am

Desperado wrote:
I know they've said repeatedly that it wont be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, and I'm hoping to god they stick to that. I like Battlefield and all, but I didnt wait 10 years for Star Wars Battlefield.

I just really hope that the game isnt dominated by vehicles, whether it be for transport or what. I'm an infantry guy 100% and I prefer to keep it that way.

Right there with you. Hopefully, there will be some maps that aren't completely based around vehicles being used. I have a feeling maps are going to be rather large since they will be made for 32v32 battles. I think a full 64 man server with vehicles off would be really fun to play in. I'd definitely be hyped for that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theswbfc.forumotion.com
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm going to be bold and say that 80% of the maps will have vehicles.

SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:57 pm

If Battlefield is any indication there will be an Infantry Only server setting that will disable combat vehicles. Transport vehicles still spawn.

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:17 am

I dont have an issue with huge maps and vehicles, I just dont want vehicles to be the focal point of the game.

{JOG}MrClean wrote:
DELTA MAYBE YOU DONT'T HEAR SO WELL WITH ALL THOSE DICKS IN YOUR FACE.

KEEP YOUR CHIPMUNK ASS OFF THIS THREAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:42 am

Desperado wrote:
I dont have an issue with huge maps and vehicles, I just dont want vehicles to be the focal point of the game.

I would be okay with them too, I just think there's an extremely low likelihood that they are balanced. The only instance I can think of where infantry seemed able to deal with vehicles relatively easily are Halo 1 warthogs (banshees are a different story). I don't see the new game operating like that, and that's fine as along as we have as many options available to us as possible to do things like tweak them or turn them off if they are a problem.

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 pm

All I want is my Hunt mode. Naboo hunt is all I need in life.

crapgamer wrote:
Not many people can say they have motorboated triple-D's but I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:59 pm

*SMH*

Worst SWBF part ever.

SG-17

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Hoth Hunt was really fun.

PostSubject: Re: Basic necessities for Battlefront   

Back to top Go down

Basic necessities for Battlefront