HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am by Guest

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?   Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:57 am

Hey everyone, this is basically just a reminder that we will be changing over to the new site relatively soon. Nothing is set in stone, but its probably going to happen this weekend when we see footage of SWBF3 at the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim!

Now I am one of those people who does not like change at all, and initially when we talked about making a new site I had some concerned feelings. But now that I have seen the new site all of those feelings have gone away. I hope you guys will like it as much as I do. I'm going to make sure that it can do basically everything that this site can and more (Khaos has been doing great putting up with my nitpicking).

Some of you might have already seen the new site wary. To those of you guys that have seen it what do you think so far? What do you like? And more importantly what do you dislike?

Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:30 pm

CarriedTodayBig

MVP

MVP

MVP

Back to top Go down
View user profile
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

PostSubject: Re: Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?   Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Ye, I hope you don't get one of those gay chats that can't be accessed from phones tho

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptorempire.com/
Crossfire

PostSubject: Re: Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?   Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Gonna have to agree with Scarz on this one.

PostSubject: Re: Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?   Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:29 pm

I would highly suggest you make the widgets on the forum transparent and make them be the only thing that scrolls; that way there isn't an overwhelming amount of white without showing the nice background. How it is now on the portal if you scroll down to the chat box you cant see the background and it looks pretty vanilla(literally too). I Really like the logo and the buttons(top), but maybe make the logo a tad bigger to really make it grab your eyes.

On the buttons i think it would be helpful to have the tabs open up in a new tab instead of on your current page without right clicking.

Maybe since we will probaly be removing the chat we could put clan/community links who are closely affiliated with the BFC with the logo of the clan/community.

Just a few suggestions off the top of my head, you guys are doing an amazing job with the site though. If you guys need help with GFX or anything just hmu and ill do my best:cool:

View user profile
Eddard Stark

PostSubject: Re: Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?   Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:14 am

I'm really glad you changed the logo. Well done.

Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?   Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση wrote:
Ye, I hope you don't get one of those gay chats that can't be accessed from phones tho
Don't worry, right now the xat chat will stay until at least the end of Season 12. Not everyone can eve get to that on their phones though I guess, need a browser app that has flash enabled. We'll stick with what we have until the end of the season and then we will be experimenting with alternatives. We won't switch until the new one has most of the features that xat does. Being able to work on mobile would be one of those features and its likely it would actually work better on phones than our current setup.

Thanks for this post Naga, super helpful and its exactly what I was looking for.
Imani the Prideful wrote:
    I would highly suggest you make the widgets on the forum transparent and make them be the only thing that scrolls; that way there isn't an overwhelming amount of white without showing the nice background. How it is now on the portal if you scroll down to the chat box you cant see the background and it looks pretty vanilla(literally too).

I know exactly what you mean with this and I'll post about it on the new site to Dark. Having the background image show at all times might be a good idea.
I Really like the logo and the buttons(top), but maybe make the logo a tad bigger to really make it grab your eyes. 
Yea I like the stuff at the top bar too, right now that particular part with the logo and the top buttons is still being worked on, we may do something involving changing images in that area of the site.
On the buttons i think it would be helpful to have the tabs open up in a new tab instead of on your current page without right clicking.
I brought this up about links on the forums being opened in the same window rather than a new tab or window too. Its easy to change so we may or may not do it. Not all of those buttons at the top are at their final form yet.

Maybe since we will probaly be removing the chat we could put clan/community links who are closely affiliated with the BFC with the logo of the clan/community.
 We're gonna keep the xat chat until the end of Season 12 at the very least. I have been firm in my stance with other staff members that we will always need at least some form of a text based chat on the site for its visitors. Once the seasons over we can experiment with non-xat alternatives.

Just a few suggestions off the top of my head, you guys are doing an amazing job with the site though. If you guys need help with GFX or anything just hmu and ill do my best:cool:  

Thank you. I'll add you to my mental list of people who can potentially help with random tasks.

Eddard Stark wrote:
I'm really glad you changed the logo. Well done.
I'm glad you like it, I think its pretty great in its current form. The top part of the site may change later but I like it for now.

PostSubject: Re: Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?   

Back to top Go down

Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1