HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am by Guest

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stern
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    Wed May 08, 2013 12:06 am

They released SWBF2 around the last Star Wars movie (Revenge of the Sith). Will they release SWBF3 to be around the next Star Wars movie (Episode 7)? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chromarc

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    Wed May 08, 2013 12:11 am

{Delta} wrote:
Yes, yes it would. If that comes to fruition, we need to upgrade the site and get ready. Screw GB, us SWBF2 (and some SWBF1) people need to show everyone how things are run.
Yeah screw GB, they don't know how it's really done.

And it's possible for them to release the game close to the next movie. I hope they just release the game in timely manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crapgamer

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    Sat May 11, 2013 1:14 am

There wont be a Star Wars game until 2014-2015 or so, and Dice does First Person Shooters, Battlefront isn't an FPS. I have no doubt they could make a quality Star Wars shooter, but Battlefront 3 it wont be, and it wont be on current consoles. Sad that Battlefront 3 came out in 2005, and we went an entire generation without a new Battlefront game.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    Sat May 11, 2013 3:52 am

Really is a damn shame...

(MVP)

x5

x7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    Sat May 11, 2013 3:53 am

A Battlefront game made by DICE would be pretty cool... SWBF was inspired by Battlefield games in the first place. Although I agree it would most likely be a FPS or if they allow you to switch to third person I doubt it would be done as well. DICE has done more than just Battlefield tho, like racing games and Mirrors Edge, although thats not really relevant... at least they have some variety so maybe they could pull off a third person game.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    Sun May 19, 2013 2:47 am

If DICE did make SWBF 3, I dont think it would be a FPS.

As someone else mentioned, SWBF was inspired by the old Battlefield games, which were 1st Person. However, SWBF was made in 3rd.

The SWBF fanbase is too RABiD (see what I did there) to accept a CoD/BF clone with a Star Wars skin. EA is asking for input, and I think they know that they have a massive moneymaker on its hands. The community will definitely influence the final game, and I know I will take every opportunity I can on EA's site, Twitter, FB, etc etc to let them know what the original SWBF fans want.

Sure, they'll do their best to appeal to more than just the SWBF original gamers, but not at the risk of pissing us off. I'm pretty sure every publisher and developer has learned simply copying CoD and BF doesnt work.

{JOG}MrClean wrote:
DELTA MAYBE YOU DONT'T HEAR SO WELL WITH ALL THOSE DICKS IN YOUR FACE.

KEEP YOUR CHIPMUNK ASS OFF THIS THREAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    Sun May 19, 2013 6:40 am

SWBF2 jokes...

(MVP)

x5

x7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i-TheDestroyer-L

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Too bad 80% of the players playing won't get that joke. Maul and Pope needa bring it back u_u
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i-TheDestroyer-L

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    Fri May 24, 2013 2:44 pm

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/24/ea-to-support-current-gen-through-to-2017

EA makes a direct reference to SWBF3! They're excited to be able to work on games like that apparently.. you know what that means.. ;D I wonder if this will destroy EA like it did the last 5 studious xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.    

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: First Assault and Battlefront 3.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2