HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:09 am by Guest

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}
 
Kratos
 
{BOT}A-Hole
 
Stern
 
Phantom
 
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση
 
Mike
 
Fir3hazard
 
SG-17
 
IcemaN
 

Share | 
 

 Season 10?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
{Delta}
Founder
Founder


Posts : 1112
Join date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Season 10?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:23 am

Ok...so this would be the last season before (presumably) SWBF3 comes out, and we want to have people around for when the game comes out.  However, I don't want a dead season - we've decided on waiting on site upgrades until SWBF3 and we're sure you guys are all down with joining us there.  Is there interest in doing a Season 10?  Also - what rule changes would you like to see in place?  Would you like a schedule?  More tournaments/less ladder play?  No tournaments at all?  I'm open to all suggestions.  I am also very much open to unbanning everyone previously banned if we can all be civil.  Seriously - I want people competing with us, and I want to develop a SWBF3 community, and I need everyone's help here.  So whether you message here, e-mail me, skype me, text me, whatever - let me know what you'd like to see.

_________________
4x Champ (Seasons 1, 2, 3, 10) [Left with crown]

(MVP)

x5

x7


Last edited by {Delta} on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kratos
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:52 am

I think we should have the green light for season ten barring anything unexpected happening. That said, we won't really know for sure until we draw closer to summer time. It always surprises me how everyone pops out of seemingly nowhere every season. lmao.

We may want to think about starting the season somewhere between May 19th - June 1st(similar to when we started it last season). What we did last season with starting the playoffs early worked out really well in terms of completing the playoffs in a timely fashion. Also kept things from stagnating. I definitely advise for keeping the season length in the month and a half area.

As for a schedule... it is a great idea on paper. As a competitor, I would actually prefer a schedule system instead of the open-ladder system. However, as an overseer of the site I am completely against it. The reason is that the schedule system is a very fragile one. All it took last season was a clan signing up like a day after we had created the schedule. Because of that, I think the open-ladder is the best way to go.

On the subject of tournaments, I say we see what interest is like when the season actually gets going. We may end up just hosting a tournament after the season is over like we did the previous season.

Anyone who is banned from last season should have their ban repealed this season. Obviously though, they should be advised to tread lightly this time around.

There is a certain subject I would also like to cover. Europe-North America battles...

I think the best way to conduct Euro-North America SWBF2 battles would be using an east coast server(US). I am still sticking to my guns that this is a North American based ladder. That being said, I love the BFC and without clans to compete against... there really isn't much to do. I don't mind playing with the Europeans as I get a decent ping in Euro servers actually. Not everyone lives on the east coast though. Our west coast players(Dyablo, Firehazard, etc.) were unable to play in a competitive-friendly environment when going up against the European clans. They usually had to play under pings in the 200's... which is completely unacceptable by my standards. The Europeans, at least the majority from what I've seen, get a fairly good ping in an East Coast server. In fact, their pings are sometimes even lower than the West Coast players in an East Coast server.

It is my belief that playing on a single, east coast server would expedite the matches and get rid of needless hassle of going between servers. I understand the principle of fairness and that switching servers is the thought to be most ideal way of maintaining a neutral playing field. Unfortunately, it made it almost impossible for our west coast guys to compete in Euro-NA matches. That is not to say there are not eastern Europeans that have to deal with higher ping , but from my experience the Europeans always had a fairly okay ping in our east coast servers. There will not be a perfect solution to our problem. The game developers intended the regions to be separated and to never interact with each other. Thanks to Pyrojockey's region mod, we are able to play with our foreign counterparts. It is great too. I love seeing that there is people who are playing SWBF2 across the Alantic. But....

I have always urged and will continue to urge that battles be done solely on North American turf. If we decide to continue with doing half and half, then clans should not be forced to play Euro-NA battles if they do not wish to.

Enough of that. I'd like to show something.


*Does not include playoff matches or tournament matches
**The decline between season eight and season nine can be attributed to a shorter length of season*

Over the span of nine seasons, there have been 553 matches played on the BFC. That may not seem like a lot but you have to keep in mind the humble beginnings of the BFC. It was a ladder created late 2007 when a lot of people were getting next-gen systems. The common consensus was the game would be dead after 2007... and it really looked like everything was going to come to an end. Almost all the great clans and players left. It was a dismal time for all of SWBF2. You would have to seen what it was like before that winter to fully understand the difference between 2007 and 2008. I do not claim to be the most old-school player. I started playing in the late summer of 2007. I tried to join SOR but got denied for being too much of a noob and Antifreeze recommended I go and join LOE. So I did.

After Christmas, the game completely changed. A lot of clans stopped paying for their server as they had moved on. The game was in poor condition. The only thing that was really left was SOR and MOH's rivalry. That rivalry would be a large reason why the BFC came into existence. It was to be a neutral territory to decide which clan was superior. So some guy named Blackhole came out out of nowhere and created the BFC.

For those of you who do not know, Blackhole was Delta. He was using an alias because MOH would not have participated if they had known someone from SOR was running the BFC.

I wasn't around to see DSF at their prime and all the other great clans competing. So for me, the SOR-MOH rivalry was the most epic thing of all-time. It was a great rivalry and really got me and a lot of other players into the BFC. I did my best to emulate Destroyer, Parallel, Rockethoe, Joshua333, Shotdown, ASAP, Crapgamer SNIPES, and Delta(yes. Believe it or not he was a god at one point) Back in ASO, Scarz, LAK, and I would do daily 3on3 scrimmages against SOR. We were Jedi noobs back then. Needless to say, we got completely destroyed. If we killed Destroyer one time it was a job well done. That's how bad it was. lmao.

Fanboying aside... simply put, the SOR-MOH rivalry got things going for the BFC. I am positive the members of SOR and MOH got inspired by DSF and the other great clans that were around when they were noobs. That is why I hold SOR and MOH in such high regard. Their rivalry pretty much served as a bridge from the old school to the new era.

Okay. I think I have talked enough about SOR and MOH.

The BFC will at least have one more season where we can all come together and have some awesome summer fun on the game we love called Star Wars Battlefront II.

We should all thank Delta for getting us to this point. Love him or hate him, he's the man who gave hope to a game that a community had given up on.  I think we all have become pretty spoiled. The BFC is by no means perfect but it is a neutral ground where all clans can duke it out. You can go look back on past standings and see how all the old clans compared(at least since the BFC was formed). I think that in itself is an amazing feat.

On top of that, Delta has done a ton of great things for the BFC. They are often overshadowed by the mistakes he made. I think we can all agree we've made a mistake at one time or another. Now then, I am not saying you have to be friends with him... but you need to respect what he has done for this game. He has given us a place to play this game together for almost ten seasons now.

Speaking of season ten, I am excited for it. I would love to see BOT come back and go for a three-peat. They got a two-peat which is already unprecedented for any clan in BFC history. I would also love to see some old names come back for what could possibly be the last season of the BFC.

We will need a certain person's participation to make season ten truly great though. His name is Poison, a fellow admin of mine. He worked harder than anyone to make season nine a success. He did as good of a job as any admin has ever done in a single season. On top of administrating the site, he streamed almost all the matches that occurred. He might have even streamed all of them. I am not sure. Something like that cannot go unappreciated. Thank-you for your massive contributions last season, Poison. We'll need you in season ten.

Let's do it as big as we can. I know I am going to make the most out of what could be the last BFC season on SWBF2.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theswbfc.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:13 pm

I'll certainly be back streaming this season. In all likelihood you won't see any commentary from me, at least until the playoffs, but it seems like people preferred to just watch the game anyway.

We are excited to announce a new feature for this season. Last year we introduced consistent streaming of all matches, this year we're expanding on that and will be tracking individual players' stats for each map. We'll be keeping track of Points Per Game and Kill/Death Ratio. To allow this to happen, it is strongly encouraged that all matches are streamed on the BFC twitch, and it is mandatory to have a BFC staff member spectating your match.

We're also bringing back a Season 8 favorite, State of the BFC. The show will be held once a week, starting the first week of the regular season and will (hopefully) be hosted by Stern and myself.
Back to top Go down
Wicked
Member
avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm pretty sure R will actually be on board for Season 10. I personally would be really excited to have one so Im sure you can count on at least 1 clan signing up. Wink

_________________
x3

x3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stern
Site Staff
Site Staff


Posts : 384
Join date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:40 pm

The admin trio has done a fine job. The fact that the BFC still exists despite all the drama is a testament to their abilities. I appreciate and formally thank Delta, Kratos, and Poison for their volunteered services.

I am pro-schedule. This would avoid any unforeseen battle drop-off that kills the community (S8) or battle-dodging (S9). This would also make keeping track of points easier so the ROR-MOC situation does not occur again. Close registration on Wednesday, make the schedule on Thursday, start the season on Friday. For format, I recommend 2 matches for each clan a week. Doesn't have to be day specific, just get it done during that week (week starts Sunday). If it can't be done, the team that can't do it forfeits the match (-3 points I believe). 2 matches a week per clan could resolve mid-season clan drop-out; the clan that dropped out was scheduled to play 2 clans that week. Those 2 clans battle each other instead.

I advocate a single server for EU-NA battles. I recommend a best of 5 in an NY server.

Depending on the amount of activity we get should determine if we should have a tournament. I would like Hunt and Space CTF. We could also do Galactic Conquest again. When do we plan on ending the ladder?

I can probably buy an NY server from mid-May until mid September again. Same settings as before: http://mofc.forumotion.com/t5-moc-server

For streaming, I can stream, either commentary, music (I have a playlist now), or game audio. I would be back-up, Poison is more familiar with Xsplit than me. If you can't find a streamer, have someone take pictures of the stats screen at the end (I'm not sure how stats vlogging in RM can be viewed, but enable it as a fallback). Stats provided would ensure the ASG (which we can hopefully have, might wanna put it in the schedule) is more performance-oriented and less-popularity fueled. Poison and I will have to talk about State of the BFC, we have a bunch of ideas, just need to organize them all.

On a personal note, I'm probably going to be participating this season, though my availability will be dependent on my job's demand and my internet's capacity (whenever my roommates use the internet, it causes severe lag, so I could only play when they aren't around). I may make my own clan or join a small one to ensure we have balanced and diverse competition. Maybe MOC will return, I'll talk to Kintaro.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JJ'
Member


Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:04 am

As long as we have a way to keep activity consistent and avoid a drastic drop in matches throughout the season, I'm down for whatever.

_________________
x3
x3




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strife
Member
avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-12-09
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:05 am

Kratos wrote:
For those of you who do not know, Blackhole was Delta. He was using an alias because MOH would not have participated if they had known someone from SOR was running the BFC.

lol I remember that...sneaky sneaky...

Just as a side note, you guys put quite a bit of effort keep SWBF2 going, and that in its self is dedication...which should be admired.

_________________
-Formally known as (SOR)Ranger-
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable".
- John F. Kennedy

"When you hear someone say,"If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about." what there're actually saying is" If I'm not doing anything wrong, I don't need to have rights."
-Ben Swann
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kintaro
Member


Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:19 am

Yeah, the schedule might not work as heavily. I'm saying this because for one, there's at least one clan that drops out of the season every year and there are some clans that join late into the season. Open ladder seems the best way to go.

As for tournaments I think that hunt and space CTF are kind of lame and the Galactic Conquest worked fairly well last fall. I think it'd be fun to just throw in a 12v12 8v8 or some large scale match for fun if lag cooperates. Also to throw in my two cents, it'd be interesting to possibly make teams of 4 or 5 from different clans or whatever and do a tournament with that. I know there's a name for it but I can't think of it.

The more clans participating and the more equal ground among clans the better in my opinion. I know there a ton of players, especially old players who just have their PS2s in their closet and haven't touched them in years. I know some old clans have tried to come back in the past and it would be fun to see that actually work out.

I know there are already a few people trying to gather about in clans to get things running such as ALS so it'd be nice if any of you know about old players and get them to play for this possibly last season of BFC... I know I'm trying to get things figured out myself with what I'm doing, but we'll see how things go. I can't even figure out what would be happening this season

Oh also the k/d and points are a great idea in my opinion. It would be nice to see rankings in that like #1 #2 etc. possibly color code for each class that the player mostly plays or what not.

Nice sig Wicked! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kratos
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:53 am

With the recent news of gamespy shutting their servers down given to us by SG...

I say we aim to start the season June 1st... a day after the servers are supposed to be shut down according to gamespy. If we can still go online after May 31st, then we will go through with season ten. I am going to keep my hopes up that we can enter without logging in or something along those lines. However...

Before the servers do supposedly shut down, I say we try to host some sort of tournament just in case they do shut down permanently.

EDIT: Meant June 1st not July 1st. Had July 1st in my initial post.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theswbfc.forumotion.com
SG-17
Member
avatar

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 25
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Kratos wrote:

Over the span of nine seasons, there have been 553 matches played on the BFC. That may not seem like a lot but you have to keep in mind the humble beginnings of the BFC. It was a ladder created late 2007 when a lot of people were getting next-gen systems. The common consensus was the game would be dead after 2007... and it really looked like everything was going to come to an end. Almost all the great clans and players left. It was a dismal time for all of SWBF2. You would have to seen what it was like before that winter to fully understand the difference between 2007 and 2008. I do not claim to be the most old-school player. I started playing in the late summer of 2007. I tried to join SOR but got denied for being too much of a noob and Antifreeze recommended I go and join LOE. So I did.

After Christmas, the game completely changed. A lot of clans stopped paying for their server as they had moved on. The game was in poor condition. The only thing that was really left was SOR and MOH's rivalry. That rivalry would be a large reason why the BFC came into existence. It was to be a neutral territory to decide which clan was superior. So some guy named Blackhole came out out of nowhere and created the BFC.

For those of you who do not know, Blackhole was Delta. He was using an alias because MOH would not have participated if they had known someone from SOR was running the BFC.

I wasn't around to see DSF at their prime and all the other great clans competing. So for me, the SOR-MOH rivalry was the most epic thing of all-time. It was a great rivalry and really got me and a lot of other players into the BFC. I did my best to emulate Destroyer, Parallel, Rockethoe, Joshua333, Shotdown, ASAP, Crapgamer SNIPES, and Delta(yes. Believe it or not he was a god at one point) Back in ASO, Scarz, LAK, and I would do daily 3on3 scrimmages against SOR. We were Jedi noobs back then. Needless to say, we got completely destroyed. If we killed Destroyer one time it was a job well done. That's how bad it was. lmao.

Fanboying aside... simply put, the SOR-MOH rivalry got things going for the BFC. I am positive the members of SOR and MOH got inspired by DSF and the other great clans that were around when they were noobs. That is why I hold SOR and MOH in such high regard. Their rivalry pretty much served as a bridge from the old school to the new era.

Okay. I think I have talked enough about SOR and MOH.

The BFC will at least have one more season where we can all come together and have some awesome summer fun on the game we love called Star Wars Battlefront II.

We should all thank Delta for getting us to this point. Love him or hate him, he's the man who gave hope to a game that a community had given up on.  I think we all have become pretty spoiled. The BFC is by no means perfect but it is a neutral ground where all clans can duke it out. You can go look back on past standings and see how all the old clans compared(at least since the BFC was formed). I think that in itself is an amazing feat.

On top of that, Delta has done a ton of great things for the BFC. They are often overshadowed by the mistakes he made. I think we can all agree we've made a mistake at one time or another. Now then, I am not saying you have to be friends with him... but you need to respect what he has done for this game. He has given us a place to play this game together for almost ten seasons now.

Speaking of season ten, I am excited for it. I would love to see BOT come back and go for a three-peat. They got a two-peat which is already unprecedented for any clan in BFC history. I would also love to see some old names come back for what could possibly be the last season of the BFC.

We will need a certain person's participation to make season ten truly great though. His name is Poison, a fellow admin of mine. He worked harder than anyone to make season nine a success. He did as good of a job as any admin has ever done in a single season. On top of administrating the site, he streamed almost all the matches that occurred. He might have even streamed all of them. I am not sure. Something like that cannot go unappreciated. Thank-you for your massive contributions last season, Poison. We'll need you in season ten.

Let's do it as big as we can. I know I am going to make the most out of what could be the last BFC season on SWBF2.
I only started playing online on March of 2007 and while I initially looked at the <?> as my first clan, I joined SOR in the spring of the same year and played some matches. Unfortunately I was kicked because Antifreeze was an ass (that's all I remember about him really). I joined LOE for a month or so but by the end of 2007 I joined MERC and stayed their until the end, despite playing for JSA for a bit in 2009. I never considered myself an excellent player, but I think I did pretty well. In regards to the BFC I distinctly remember getting control of the site at some point and destroying it after MOH took over back when all of this clan drama nonsense seemed so important. I also contributed to the community by releasing the first No Tanks and Points for Specials mods to the public.

Since 2010 college has kept me busy enough that I've lost my desire to play games competitively and even though I am graduating in May I am also getting married in September, so I don't know if I will ever have the time to devote to SWBF3 like I did 2, but I will be around for sure.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SGC17
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Congratulations on both your graduation and your engagement, SG! I for one always regarded you as the go to guy for technical stuff around here, I'm sure everyone else will agree that you've been a major contributor to the community for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
SG-17
Member
avatar

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 25
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Poison wrote:
Congratulations on both your graduation and your engagement, SG! I for one always regarded you as the go to guy for technical stuff around here, I'm sure everyone else will agree that you've been a major contributor to the community for a very long time.
Thank you.

The community that formed around this game has been amazing. I can't believe that I was only a freshman in high school when I first started playing. Other games have come and gone but I've never seen a community like this for any other console game. Its been amazing being a part of it for so long.

I caught the tail-end of Warzone-Online and Sonic Army, but the BFC is what I remember the most about SWBF2. I think that the BFC has overtaken both of those sites in importance long ago. Hopefully we can bring back as many of the classic clans and players as we can for SWBF3.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SGC17
Kratos
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:10 pm

My favorite memories from LOE was when the UDN-SOR war was at its climax. Looking back on it, it's hilarious how serious everyone was about being at war with each other. There were so many comma raids and spies... it was completely ridiculous. lmao.

RAPTOR definitely had the most fun in that war since they worked for both sides.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theswbfc.forumotion.com
Strife
Member
avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-12-09
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Kratos wrote:
My favorite memories from LOE was when the UDN-SOR war was at its climax. Looking back on it, it's hilarious how serious everyone was about being at war with each other. There were so many comma raids and spies... it was completely ridiculous. lmao.

RAPTOR definitely had the most fun in that war since they worked for both sides.

Duuude...they were such a pain in the ass. I like to think of them as a terrorist group of BF2. Always hacking in the servers, glitching during game play, being a BITCH...lol you know, all that cool stuff.

_________________
-Formally known as (SOR)Ranger-
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable".
- John F. Kennedy

"When you hear someone say,"If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about." what there're actually saying is" If I'm not doing anything wrong, I don't need to have rights."
-Ben Swann
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kratos
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Strife wrote:
Kratos wrote:
My favorite memories from LOE was when the UDN-SOR war was at its climax. Looking back on it, it's hilarious how serious everyone was about being at war with each other. There were so many comma raids and spies... it was completely ridiculous. lmao.

RAPTOR definitely had the most fun in that war since they worked for both sides.

Duuude...they were such a pain in the ass. I like to think of them as a terrorist group of BF2. Always hacking in the servers, glitching during game play, being a BITCH...lol you know, all that cool stuff.

lmao. I wonder if they'll be around on SWBF3. If so, we are gonna have to deal with getting trolled again.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theswbfc.forumotion.com
Wicked
Member
avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:39 pm

What if we just started the season May 4th or something and then try to get the championship in Around May 28th or so?

I know school and work would be a major factor though. Just an idea.

_________________
x3

x3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kratos
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:45 pm

Wicked Bullet wrote:
What if we just started the season May 4th or something and then try to get the championship in Around May 28th or so?

I know school and work would be a major factor though. Just an idea.

Yes. We could definitely host a mini-season. Not sure if we should call it season ten or not though.

I think we could start it May 1st.

The admin team is still patching out the details of what we should do. All suggestions/ideas are welcome.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theswbfc.forumotion.com
Stern
Site Staff
Site Staff


Posts : 384
Join date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:22 am

Could be the pre-season or season 9.5

@Kintaro

With a schedule, if someone dropped out and another joined, the incoming clan would replace the dead clan in the schedule.

For tournaments, I listed all my suggestions here, though space and hunt were most popular from whom I spoke with. The tourney you're thinking of is draft, but I think we tried it once and it didn't work so well. Galactic Conquest might work, for the first time it was okay, the fluctuating teams and rules made it a little difficult.

@Poison

Also a big thank you to AlphaRed, Khaos Rage and Dark for their technical/graphics support over the years as well Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koen
Member


Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-05-22
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:32 am

Kratos wrote:


There is a certain subject I would also like to cover. Europe-North America battles...

I think the best way to conduct Euro-North America SWBF2 battles would be using an east coast server(US). I am still sticking to my guns that this is a North American based ladder. That being said, I love the BFC and without clans to compete against... there really isn't much to do. I don't mind playing with the Europeans as I get a decent ping in Euro servers actually. Not everyone lives on the east coast though. Our west coast players(Dyablo, Firehazard, etc.) were unable to play in a competitive-friendly environment when going up against the European clans. They usually had to play under pings in the 200's... which is completely unacceptable by my standards. The Europeans, at least the majority from what I've seen, get a fairly good ping in an East Coast server. In fact, their pings are sometimes even lower than the West Coast players in an East Coast server.

It is my belief that playing on a single, east coast server would expedite the matches and get rid of needless hassle of going between servers. I understand the principle of fairness and that switching servers is the thought to be most ideal way of maintaining a neutral playing field. Unfortunately, it made it almost impossible for our west coast guys to compete in Euro-NA matches. That is not to say there are not eastern Europeans that have to deal with higher ping , but from my experience the Europeans always had a fairly okay ping in our east coast servers. There will not be a perfect solution to our problem. The game developers intended the regions to be separated and to never interact with each other. Thanks to Pyrojockey's region mod, we are able to play with our foreign counterparts. It is great too. I love seeing that there is people who are playing SWBF2 across the Alantic. But....

I have always urged and will continue to urge that battles be done solely on North American turf. If we decide to continue with doing half and half, then clans should not be forced to play Euro-NA battles if they do not wish to.


First of all, good to see everyone's into another season! We're cool with playing in your region only, no sweat. The only thing what we'd really appreciate is that when you can't play us in time, let us know. It's no problem if you can't gather enough players at the aranged time but let us know, that's all. Wink

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση
Member
avatar

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 21
Location : In your mom.

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:41 pm

I would like to see every clan post their roster and to have a rule set in place so people cant play for like 3 or 4 days after joining a clan, might do something against clan hoppers.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptorempire.com/
Kratos
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 926
Join date : 2011-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:11 pm

ιη¢єρтιση wrote:
I would like to see every clan post their roster and to have a rule set in place so people cant play for like 3 or 4 days after joining a clan, might do something against clan hoppers.

Yeah. Each clan will need to submit their roster by the 19th as that will be when the season officially starts. Leaders post your roster in your own clan's individual challenge subforum.

As for how many days a person has to wait to play a battle after leaving a clan and joining another... anywhere from four days to a week is fine with me.

(obviously this rule will only apply to people who leave a clan and join another)

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theswbfc.forumotion.com
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση
Member
avatar

Posts : 329
Join date : 2012-08-21
Age : 21
Location : In your mom.

PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 pm

4 sounds good lol

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptorempire.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Season 10?   

Back to top Go down
 
Season 10?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» MLB off season moves
» S7 Forza 3 F-Class Tourney - Season 3
» 2011-2012 Season
» S7 Forza 3 - Season 3 Wrap-Up
» SEASON 3 - ENTRY FORM

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars Battlefront Community :: The Cantina :: General Discussion-
Jump to: