HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in
Latest topics
» New Site!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm by Mike

» Are You Guys Excited for the New Site!?
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:02 am by Mike

» New Force Awakens trailer released!
Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 am by i-TheDestroyer-L

» Happy Birthday!!!~~~
Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:45 am by Dark

» Basic necessities for Battlefront
Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:09 pm by SG-17

» Infected and Boss
Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am by Rugal

» Admin Changes
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:14 am by Splinter

» DoomGaze
Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:47 am by Desperado

Top posters
{Delta}

Kratos

{BOT}A-Hole

Stern

Phantom

{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

Mike

Fir3hazard

SG-17

IcemaN

Share | 

GameMaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

PostSubject: GameMaster   Fri May 30, 2014 12:48 pm

http://gameshare.co/gamemaster

Apparently it looks like they have already figured everything out. Does anyone know if this will stop working on June 30th? I don't know who these guys are but apparently they will also support Battlefield 2. I just want to know if anyone knows if this has an expiration date on it, or if any of the works in progress to make a new patch on SWBF2 PC will end on June 30th or not. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptorempire.com/
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Fri May 30, 2014 3:13 pm

GameMaster is the solution being developed by the German SWBF2 PC community, and is trusted. The point of GameMaster is to survive* the servers going down so I assume it will work past June 30th.

Last edited by Erebus on Fri May 30, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Fri May 30, 2014 3:28 pm

server the servers  geek 

Okay, I do believe they created the patch for 1.1 as well though, so their solution would also work for the US. I don't know if EA shutting June 30th down will affect this game and solution though.

Back to top Go down
Yoda

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Fri May 30, 2014 3:58 pm

ᏐᏁᏟᎬᎵᎢᏐᏫᏁ wrote:
server the servers  geek 

Okay, I do believe they created the patch for 1.1 as well though, so their solution would also work for the US. I don't know if EA shutting June 30th down will affect this game and solution though.

Corrected. Well, it will survive EA shutting it down. It is a modded server which mimics GameSpy. They'll be testing it independent of that currently, just like OpenSpy. In the topic Mike linked yesterday from SWGO, it looked like the GameMaster and OpenSpy teams might actually combine to make their solutions compatible with each other. If EA keeps it up, that's a further month to perfect a solution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Fri May 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Is this a PC only solution?

(MVP)

x5

x7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 pm

{Delta} wrote:
I am pretty sure so Delta.

Back to top Go down
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Sat May 31, 2014 8:43 am

ᏐᏁᏟᎬᎵᎢᏐᏫᏁ wrote:
I just want to know if anyone knows if this has an expiration date on it, or if any of the works in progress to make a new patch on SWBF2 PC will end on June 30th or not. Thanks.
To clarify, EA has no more power than GameSpy does to shut everything down. We're all pretty sure EA doesn't even technically own the rights to SWBF2. Their list stating that the game will close on June 30th also states that SWBF1 will close on the same day. I have personally checked to make sure this is not the case. The SWBF1 server list is still empty and when attempting to host a 4-man on GameSpy an error message of host registration failed will pop up shortly after a map begins. Based on this, EA's list should be taken with a grain of salt. Assume today is the last day for the game. The only way I see EA's post being accurate is that they threw Glu Mobile (the company that now owns GameSpy) some money to keep thier titles up for slightly longer, and they mistakenly listed SWBF1 as one of them. This definitely could have happened, but we won't be sure until around Monday, I think.

All of the work-arounds being created: OpenSpy, what Eyes is working on (no name yet so I'm calling it EyeSpy for now), GameMaster, x-link, Tunngle, and Gameranger will all work independent of GameSpy and EA if they are working as intended. EA doens't have a bigger red button than GameSpy to take it all down. The only thing that I can foresee preventing a work-around from being successful is Sony. If they wanted to, I believe they can go in and manually ban the MAC address of every Playstation 2 console. They could do this if they wanted people to stop playing PS2 online altogether. This is the only thing that would go over the head of the 6 projects I mentioned. Even if that did happen I'm sure somebody would find a way to avoid that too. The game can function independent of both GameSpy and EA.
ᏐᏁᏟᎬᎵᎢᏐᏫᏁ wrote:
{Delta} wrote:
I am pretty sure so Delta.
We don't know yet. I am looking into it now but this it all it is:
Code:
Find:
%s.available.gamespy.com
Replace with:
%s.gameshare.info

Find:
%s.master.gamespy.com
Replace with:
%s.gameshare.info

Find:
%s.ms%d.gamespy.com
Replace with:
%s%d.gameshare.info
Looks really simple, as in, its just like OpenSpy, and might only need a DNS address swap.

I think we can connect to it by using 5.230.233.61 as a DNS address, but I am not sure yet. I need to talk to some more people first.

EDIT: I have tested this with 5.230.233.61 and I am able to see all of the usual GameSpy servers. I am unsure if it works yet or not.

Last edited by Mike on Sat May 31, 2014 2:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Sat May 31, 2014 9:50 am

Still testing, I am now unsure which of the mods to use but here's one the German's who made this included with their read me file:

GameMaster Devlopers wrote:

If you don't trust our modified .exe files...
-------------------------

No problem - but you'll need to do some work. Open the BattlefrontII.exe (client and/or server) in an HEX-Editor and search + replace. The "0" needs to be set "null" in the HEX-Editor - otherwise your BattlefrontII executable won't start.

Code:
Find:
%s.ms%d.gamespy.com
Replace with:
%s%d.gameshare.info

Find:
%s.master.gamespy.com
Replace with:
%s.gameshare.info0000

Find:
%s.available.gamespy.com
Replace with:
%s.gameshare.info0000000

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Sat May 31, 2014 11:46 pm

http://gameshare.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8

Kalle wrote:
Hey Mike,

yes, Battlefront 2 on Playstation 2 should work with our Masterserver (even Battlefront 1). You could test it with the ip address you figured out (gameshare.info). The PS2 Servers of Battlefront2 can be found here: http://gameshare.co/servers/game/swbfront2ps2 and for japanese people exists (I don't know why) another list -> http://gameshare.co/servers/game/swbfront2ps2j (but there are currently no server online).

The Battlefront 2 PS2 Server need the same dns changes or just a few Skills with any HEX-Editor to change the hostnames.

Greetings from germany,
Kalle

I really think we're gonna be fine. If its not working already it looks like Kalle intends to support PS2! We can probably work with him to set it all up,

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:13 am

I love Germany
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:55 am

Damn it! Was looking forward to Season 11 being on PC Since I lag so much on ps2 Sad

Back to top Go down
Mike
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:27 am

ᏐᏁᏟᎬᎵᎢᏐᏫᏁ wrote:
Damn it! Was looking forward to Season 11 being on PC Since I lag so much on ps2 Sad
If there was a PC thing, it would be separate, like it was before. We would not have a continuation of current numbered seasons on a different platform.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:56 am

Mike wrote:
ᏐᏁᏟᎬᎵᎢᏐᏫᏁ wrote:
If there was a PC thing, it would be separate, like it was before. We would not have a continuation of current numbered seasons on a different platform.
Separate numbering.

(MVP)

x5

x7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GameMaster   

Back to top Go down

GameMaster
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1