Star Wars Battlefront Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» SWBF2 (PS2) Winter Round-Robin
One Last Chance Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 7:38 am by Guest

» BOT vs R Inside the Huddle
One Last Chance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 am by Guest

» Season 10 Championship Videos
One Last Chance Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:34 pm by Stern

» LSJ vs EU (Championship)
One Last Chance Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 12:44 am by Phantom

» PP vs. EU (Pool Play B: Game 2)
One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 2:22 am by Stern

» CHAMPIONSHIP - #1 LSJ vs #3 BOT
One Last Chance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 6:08 am by Kratos

» PLAYOFFS - #1 LSJ vs #4 EU
One Last Chance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 am by Phantom

» Meh
One Last Chance Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:33 am by IcemaN

Top posters
{Delta}
One Last Chance I_vote_lcapOne Last Chance I_voting_barOne Last Chance I_vote_rcap 
Kratos
One Last Chance I_vote_lcapOne Last Chance I_voting_barOne Last Chance I_vote_rcap 
{BOT}A-Hole
Stern
Phantom
{ѕтя}σвℓινιση
Mike
Fir3hazard
SG-17
IcemaN

One Last Chance

Go down 
+7
Kratos
CassusFett
Mike
{BOT}A-Hole
Stern
Mandalore
{Delta}
11 posters
AuthorMessage
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:51 am

To avoid what happened this season, hyper activity - then death of the game for 3+ weeks. I was thinking of going to a more structured schedule with smaller teams. Each clan could be represented by multiple teams if they have the members for it. Each team would consist of 6 players max on their roster. They would have to register, and post on a roster thread to verify IP. Then a schedule would be made out and teams would have to play everyone on their schedule. Whether it be weekly, two a week, or just have a double round robin (everyone play every other team twice) and play at your leisure is all up for debate.

Clans would still be well in play, a second "open" clan ladder would open up with a similar system to how we play at, but with only 4-5 active clans, wouldn't be the only activity for people to look forward to, but would allow clans to exist and have a full-on purpose as well as allow teams to battle, on ladder, whenever they like a part from the team ladder.

I'd still plan on a grunt tournament for clans as a whole (whether it be 4-5 or more) and we can work with that. So clans are still in perfect use.

Oh yeah, the team tournament would have a cash payout for each member on the winning roster (TBD based on activity).

Last edited by {Delta} on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Mandalore

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: RE: Reorganization of the BFC   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:10 am

{Delta} wrote:
Due to two active clans (LSJ and FoF) dying and others choosing not to come back (MoH, SoF, MNC, IR). We will be rounding up this season in 1 week and going ahead with a playoff. A clan MUST play a battle, or attempt to play a battle in this next week in order to be considered "active" and play in the playoffs. These clans are automatically eligible for the playoffs (due to recent activity) - R, BOT, STR, RoR. This means LSJ, FoF, GOR, MOC, MNC, DD, and LF need to play a battle or attempt to play a battle (and not be the clan that fails to show up).

This change was prompted by the leaving of a group of players to another game, and we are cutting the dead weight. Kratos is no longer part of this BFC until he shows active interest. I play BF3 occasionally, and this occasionally, but Kratos has completely left SWBF2 - and with him two clans have died as well as general activity down from be overly active at the beginning I believe.

I am looking for everyone's input on how to avoid over activity that causes boredom and under activity for the next couple of months of summer.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Who told you that we are not coming back? Before writing something about MNC, ask first.

I just posted that we are not playing for now until school(classes, graduations, etc) are done and we have the time to play. MNC do not need BFC to play, but BFC is dead because only a very few clans are playing on it. Kratos or delta are not the BFC, BFC is everyone who is participating on it. Do not blame on kratos the death of two clans because he is not a "one man gang". A clan is a group of people, not just one person. You cancelled the 6v6cs because it was inactive, but the bfc as well is inactive plus u are about to start the grunt tournament who will not have success too due to the inactivity. If no one play the bfc, good luck with your 4 clan summer ladder.

That's all I can say for now.

c ya

:Logout:
Back to top Go down
Stern
Site Staff
Site Staff

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 5:59 am

Personally, to promote activity, I would like to see...

Schedules
Divisions
Letting clans combine for a battle and split the win/loss
A clan leader only forum so they can vote on issues such as this

Last edited by Stern on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:01 am

You don't have to come back? I don't see the harm in organized competition...but I see you are still sore Mandalore.

Everyone says MNC is dead - I have yet to see proof otherwise. The game is basically dead, I mean I play BF3 - not breaking my heart, but I still enjoy a good competition on this game from time to time.

It's like you see the word "MNC" and suddenly, you reappear. Who's in your clan anyways? No Drkdragon, Blade, Bleek, or...anybody?
Back to top Go down
{BOT}A-Hole
{BOT}A-Hole

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:29 am

Manda who the fuck isn't out of school yet from your clan???????
Back to top Go down
Mike
Admin
Admin
Mike

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:58 am

Umm, can everyone just calm down? Seriously?

Take a second to think about this before we restructure everything. Let me put it in perspective... Last summer was not nearly as active in terms of sheer amount of battles played. A lot of things have changed, but theres no reason to get drastic. Last summer, we didn't see the likes of MOH or MERC players around here. There were no live commentaries and things were much more dead on a daily basis. Lets look at the numbers. Its June 17th. On this day last year there were 22 battles played. Twenty-two. This year we are at 74, over 3 times that.

The problem lies in the fact of who is playing who. The same clans keep playing each other over and over now. Some people get bored of the game and like to take breaks every now and then. We cannot change an entire ladder a third of the way through based on people overreacting. I am confident that the activity is just about to spike and I will not agree with efforts the change what Kratos and I worked so hard over in February and March.

Things will get better, and we will make no changes based on these past few weeks.

P.S. I moved this topic to a more suitable location.
Back to top Go down
CassusFett
CassusFett

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:04 am

{BOT}A-Hole wrote:

Summer school?
Back to top Go down
http://neocrusaders.webs.com
Kratos
Admin
Admin
Kratos

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:12 am

The BFC should go on as is. There's no need be so melodramatic over the past three weeks. As Mike stated, we're still far past the amount of battles that were done last season at this point. Last season there were only four or five active clans as well. Activity doesn't TRULY pick up until July when everyone starts getting worked up about getting into the playoffs. Everyone starts making their pushes to get into the playoffs at that time. We got off to a super start, and then then things got a little shaky over the past few weeks... but NOWHERE near bad enough to make any revolutionizing, save-all changes.

The way we've run the summer ladders isn't perfect, but nothing really is. Let's stay the course and enjoy the season while it lasts. There's no need to bring about revolutionary changes to something that has created a conducive environment for battles to take place for the longest time on SWBF2.
Back to top Go down
https://theswbfc.forumotion.com
Kratos
Admin
Admin
Kratos

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:33 am

It's not how the ladder is run that is causing "inactivity". Rather, it's the game itself.

Open-challenge ladder = Play battles > Get into playoffs > Win a championship.

No need to over complicate that simple formula. If clans don't want to battle, then the ladder(and game) is dead.

Leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 4:05 pm

I think we're gonna go ahead and do the teams thing - makes smaller teams anyways, something I'd want to do anyways. I mean - I play SWBF2 for the battles, because BF3 isn't exactly loaded with them, unfortunately, and CoD is boring.

But at the same rate, playing the same people over and over is mad boring. Perhaps we leave the open ladder...and add the team ladder as a compromise. I know you, Lak, Pimp, and Scarz aren't coming back (I could careless about the rest, they didn't help activity) even though they said they will.

However, I see your point on leaving the clan ladder alone.

[MERGED TOPICS]
Back to top Go down
Kratos
Admin
Admin
Kratos

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Yeah, it's fine if you do the six-man team thing on the side. It'd be a good experiment to see what works and doesn't work... and we could use that knowledge for next season. But yeah, let's leave the open clan ladder alone and let it run its course as planned.

We didn't quit SWBF2 for good... we just went on an inactive streak is all. We never planned on not coming back. We didn't really plan anything to be honest. lol.
Back to top Go down
Wicked
Wicked

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:28 pm

From what Mike had said earlier. i completely agree with. People may be taking breaks and there were 22 battles at this point least year. 74 now. 3 times as much. I say we give it a bit more time before we do any changes to it. If it doesnt clear up in a week or so then do as you wish.

Back to top Go down
<<shooter>>
<<shooter>>

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:19 pm

CassusFett wrote:
{BOT}A-Hole wrote:

Summer school?
Summer school aswell, maybe be one reason. But some reasons are Finals witch in differents states are given at different times. As of me im still in school due to Finals witch i understand mandalore members inactive due to school still.

Also i strongly agree BFC runs by clans not one person, seeeing 6v6cs Tournament cancell was a bit dissapointing...
Clans if we would had waiting a bit longer by next month it would had been successful,

-Aros-
Back to top Go down
ScoUt
ScoUt

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Im confused on how forcing 6 man teams would make people more active. That would just make it even harder for some people to do battles. I understand how it could SEEM like it would help. You would just end up with twice as many teams, but really the active amount of clans would stay the same and half the clans would be inactive. Then the active clans would have a harder time battling because if 3 players couldnt make it then they couldnt battle at all.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:47 pm

True, except the teams of six would be active players only...instead of having teams with say...you, wow, kratos - which would be an inactive team.
Back to top Go down
Jackie Chung

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:49 pm

How does that create activity? It's the same number of teams. Except now with only 6 total players there are less matches, because people can't play with their less active people when they happen to be on.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:05 am

Would be more teams...two or three teams per clan. Which would be different people battling different people. As stated before, that's what causes boredom.
Back to top Go down
Jackie Chung

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 am

There's only like 6 people that are actually active per team already. Splitting teams up doesn't create more players.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:09 am

R has about 10-12 active players, BOT as well, STR as well. Was going to create two teams (roughly) per active clan.
Back to top Go down
ScoUt
ScoUt

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:09 am

there really wouldnt be that many more teams. as of right now teams dont even have that deep of rosters because of inactive members. A majority of the additional teams would just be inactive. And in addition, the active teams would have trouble doing matches due to lack of depth in roster.

Cutting down the number of players per team doesnt increase the number of players on the game.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Founder
Founder

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Point made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One Last Chance Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Last Chance   One Last Chance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Last Chance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars Battlefront Community :: Battle Arena (PS2) :: Recycle Bin :: Season Eight Topics/Posts-
Jump to: